Visitation-- Need some advice

okcdad

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 10:00 pm
I'm from Oklahoma. I have an 11 year old daughter that I haven't seen since she was 3. Her mom and I were not married. I do pay child support and provide her medical/dental insurance. (Which doesn't get used.) I have tried repeatedly to go through DHS/CSE to request visitation with my daughter and have been told by them that the mom has the right to not allow me to see my child. I have no court order telling me that I can't see her. I don't even know where (town) she lives and DHS refuses to give this information to me. I would like to be able to write her letters, etc. I know if I got visitation at this point, it would need to be supervised and I am fine with that. I just want to see my daughter and don't know where to begin. I have NO money to hire an attorney. Any advice? Can the non custodial parent go through DHS/CSE to get help just like the custodial parent can? Thanks.

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 07:03 am
@okcdad,
Go to Legal Services and see if you can get an attorney on a sliding scale fee basis.

If you do not have the money for a lawyer, then you do not have money for Christmas gifts, cards, etc.

This is over your level of expertise. They are clearly not talking to you at DHS/CSE so you need someone they will listen to.
okcdad

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 07:08 am
@jespah,
Thank you. I will find our local legal services and see what they can do. No, it's all I can do to pay rent and utilities. There is no extra.
jespah

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 07:39 am
@okcdad,
You might be able to get a student, as this could very well be something where they just write a letter or make a phone call for you.
0 Replies