Getting deleted without notice

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:16 am
It seems that my previous thread has been deleted, which is titled "a peanut for a brain"...
If posting that thread has violated the rule of the forum, I will not post it again. What I regret is: no notice has been sent to me to inform the violation. And I want the grammatical problem to be solved...
So it is a dilemma: Posting it again will violate the rule again if it has already violated it; not to post it, the problem remains.

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:26 am
Perhaps you made an error in attempting to post the thread. The people here are not Nazis, i'd say you should just post it again, going slowly and making sure you're done everything right.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:44 am
@oristarA,
Ya mighta just accidently hit "delete post," eh, Oris. I've done it.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 08:21 am
Is this it?

http://able2know.org/topic/305038-1
oristarA

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:09 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

It has mysteriously reappeared after I posted this thread.
I searched it several times and failed to find it.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:21 am
I have noticed that sometimes a new thread that I have created will vanish for a few minutes, soon after creation.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 12:21 pm
@oristarA,
If you start another thread which seems to disappear, i suggest that you go to the top of the page and click on the rubric "My Topics." It often happens to me that i start at thread which does not appear on the "New posts" page. Give that a try if this happens to you again.
oristarA

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 07:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If you start another thread which seems to disappear, i suggest that you go to the top of the page and click on the rubric "My Topics." It often happens to me that i start at thread which does not appear on the "New posts" page. Give that a try if this happens to you again.

I did that exactly. I clicked My Topics and it kept vanishing minute after minute, hour after hour. Then I decided to post this thread.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 09:31 am
Another story from...."The Twilight Zone"...(cue music, humming doesnt work as text).
layman

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 01:31 pm
@Ionus,
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:06 pm
@oristarA,
That could be due to a cache not being up to date. Currently each request to able2know goes to a caching service that then fetches the latest content from our servers. Sometimes it gets a few seconds behind.
0 Replies