Is Yahoo Over?

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:17 pm
Marissa Mayer was brought in to save the company, she was given the keys and told only to go make something work. But she has failed, and now she is so disengaged that she has decided it is a good time to pop out another baby. The board is looking for a way to sell the company though it is unlikely that anyone would pay any money for all the stuff it owns that is not a 15% share of Alibaba. In the last 6 months executives have been fleeing like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Is this the end?

If it is the end does its death make you sad?

Yes, No for me.

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,163 • Replies: 4
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
i once had a yahoo email address, but then i've had at least 30 email addresses in 20 plus years on line

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 05:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
you remind me of my aunt Mary. Watch you dont implode with qll the cqres of the world you seem to absorb. Or is it just Schadenfreude?

What say YOU? (used to be Omsigs chosen way to incite a discussion.)
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 06:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you remind me of my aunt Mary. Watch you dont implode with qll the cqres of the world you seem to absorb. Or is it just Schadenfreude?

What say YOU? (used to be Omsigs chosen way to incite a discussion.)

Yahoo is not about me. It is a huge story in Tech, the last almost 20 years of poor management of Yahoo, and the installation of a woman as supreme leader who has not ever been able to produce results, and if the question is now is this a dead company. I am interested in the story, I am looking for people who are smarter than me on this subject to help me understand it, and if you are not so interested there should be at least 100 other active treads today for you to work in. And if all you have to say is that there is something wrong with me for caring about this story than you may as well keep it to yourself , because you are wrong by conventional wisdom at the very least, and I could win such an argument with you one the facts and evidence. And of course I dont give a **** about your opinion about me. I am here for the ideas, not to make friends, as you well know.

EDIT: I miss David, but he does not/did not own his tactics.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 05:28 pm
Quote:
Yahoo's future — and CEO Marissa Mayer's role in it — is being debated this week. But one thing is for sure: Mayer wins no matter what.

Not surprisingly, given that Mayer is one of the country's best-paid executives, she has a lucrative change-in-control severance benefit in place. Her severance plan — which would kick in if she is terminated without cause due to a change of control of the company — would have been worth $157.9 million in 2014, according to a company tabulation in corporate filings.

The severance payment becomes much more important as Yahoo's board discusses potentially selling off all or parts of Yahoo's core Internet business. Currently, the businesses as part of Yahoo (YHOO) are valued at less than $0.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/04/marissa-mayer-severance-benefits/76781384/

$42 million she collected last year, for completely failing in the mission. This is the kind of theft by the elite that really pisses the little people off.
0 Replies