rich text on yahoo email and how to get it, or not

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 04:58 pm
I have an IMac, use Safari as a browser, and cannot find where to click on rich text to be able to use bold type, italics, et cetera. This is part of yahoo introducing free stationery for email.

It sounds simple:
"You’re in Rich Text if you see a row of buttons " the Rich Text toolbar " across the top of your message window. B (for bold), I (for italics), U (for underlining), a palette for choosing colors " that's the Rich Text toolbar. See it?
If you don't see it, then just above the window where you write emails, click Rich Text."

But no, nothing to click on above the email window besides "attach file".

I'm suspecting this is because I don't use IE or some other approved browser, but it's also possible I just don't see it.

As usual, I can't remember how to contact yahoo; never easy to find how to do that at the best of times. Much simpler to ask at a2k! Help!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 6,853 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
It may not be available for Safari. Those WYSIWYG features usually rely on browser behavior that Safari doesn't support so most sites only support IE and Firefox in their rich text editors.

But you should be able to install Firefox on your Mac.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 05:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks a lot, Robert.
djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 05:23 pm
@ossobuco,
firefox works just fine on a mac, as for the other stuff, i couldn't tell you
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:03 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks, dj.
0 Replies

kulanabrian

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 06:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi ossobuco, I know this thread is well out of date, but you at least ack. this problem which the yahoo forum itself doesn't - which is odd to say the least...

I used RTF (rich text format) with Yahoo for ages (pre Yahoo 7) , ....now Yahoo7 Mail which has been a strain at the best of times these last 3 months stubbornly refuses to give me the Rich Text toolbar....

I'm actually thinking this maybe a Yahoo problem rather than MFF - I updated to 3.6.23 Mozilla Firefox from 3.5.x ( I prefer stable browsers) not snazzy ones..still no go...btw this is a Windows Vista (WV) platform, I have also experienced same on WXP...can't remember if I've tried on W7-64...FYI only

ps I even tried IE7 - fool that I am - and it didn't work there either on WV
0 Replies

robert555

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 11:54 am
@ossobuco,
I have Windows 7, running Firefox 7.0.1. I can only see the "attachments" button also (no "rich text" option). About a month ago there was a day where my internet was very poor and Yahoo mail auto switched to a very simplistic version. Since then its switched back, but the rich text button never came back.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:32 pm
@robert555,
I have Windows 7, running Firefox also. When I compose a yahoo mail message, I see a "Switch to Plain Text" button to the right of the "attachments" button, all the way over to the far right. If I click that button, it says "Switch to Rich Text."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 01:31 pm
Sorry, I should have reported back. I do have rich text now (somehow). I still have safari.

Ok, ok, maybe not rich, just lower middle class.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » rich text on yahoo email and how to get it, or not
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:46:22