Which Trek episode best describes the mistakes made in Iraq?

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 02:57 pm
Hmm...all series are up for grabs. My personal fave is the TNG episode where Starfleet, Klingons, and Romulans have to piece together an ancient puzzle, which many think is a WMD, but in the end it's just a message saying "Hey, you are all descended from us, and we are all the same." Then the warlike people say "That's it? No weapon?" Hmmm....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:00 pm
Great idea, Cav. But I must think back. Are you including The Next Generation as well as the original?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:22 pm
All Trek series shall be considered here. Original, TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. The only one excluded is the crappy Enterprise.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:25 pm
I think it's "The Trouble with Tribbles". Enterprise is supposed to be delivering grain to some outpost and they get an infestation of "tribbles", which the crew adores, but wind up eating all the grain and instead they have a hold full of critters.

This reminds me of the Iraqi aid process. In the meantime, it is harder to get supplies back at home (do you know how hard it is to get a load of cement in NYC right now)?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 04:27 am
Interesting, cjhsa. I suppose one could look at the original Tribbles episode as Bush Sr. and the DS9 remake as Bush Jr., trying to correct the mistakes of the past.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 03:57 am
City on the Edge of Forever.

Saddam was trying to make WMD with 'stone knives and bearskins'.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 05:02 am
That's a good one SealPoet. Which nation should play the Klingons? Hmm, hang on a sec, the US could plaly both the Klingons and the Federation.
0 Replies