Interpretation Good or Bad?

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Laughing
Remember, I majored in psychology.
Neologisms are often considered symptoms of psycopathy. Mr. Green

But I made my living as a hawker. Sidewalk variety.
Had many literary compositions rejected by the likes of Playboy and other publications of note.

Working on a series using the word defenestrate.
Who knows?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:46 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Neologisms...psycopathy

http://onelook.com/?w=neologism&ls=a

That's me all right

Quote:
living as a hawker

Hadda look that'n up

http://onelook.com/?w=hawker&ls=a

Quote:
...compositions rejected by the likes of Playboy...
Me too, hundreds if not thousands. Out of maybe 600 Lets to the Ed. our Friendly Local Victorville, Ca Daily Press OpEd Steve Williams accepted 170

Quote:
Working on a series using the word defenestrate

Good gosh but i didn't remember than one either

http://onelook.com/?w=defenestrate&ls=a

I shall have to link this thread to new OpEd Steve Hunt whom I hope will get a chuckle
neologist

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 03:09 pm
@dalehileman,
Two of my favorite uses of the word revolve around the Defenestrations of Prague. Some good reads. We should direct your friend to one of our more erudite discussions. This one is pretty much pathetic, don't you agree?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 03:20 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
This one is pretty much pathetic, don't you agree?
Admitted I sometimes groan over the responses to my OPs
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 03:23 pm
@neologist,
Now Neo now me gonna hafta read about 'em

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague
neologist

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 04:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Pretty fun stuff, wouldn't you say?
anthony1312002

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 09:49 am
@Squeakybro,
One of the things to consider what God's Word say at Genesis 40:8 where it states: Gen 40:8 At this they said to him: “We each had a dream, but there is no interpreter with us.” Joseph said to them: “Do not interpretations belong to God? Relate it to me, please.

From this we can see that the Bible is able to interpret itself
dalehileman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 11:30 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Pretty fun stuff, wouldn't you say?
Neo, almost everything religious or political from the Kingdom of Man throughout his entire history today seems silly or outrageous

Tony, forgive
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:15 pm
@anthony1312002,
I'm back. I went hunting again. Didn't get anything.

Your right the bible does interpret itself. But only with the help of the Holy Spirit.
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:29 pm
@Squeakybro,
I was worrried you might not like us anymore. Laughing
But a thought occured to me in your absence:
Do you worship the cross?
Wear one?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 05:25 pm
@neologist,
No, no.
I got your private message. Do you know there are no pearls in theology???
The pearls are the verses.
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
Nor do I.
Revere the cross, that is.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:59 pm
@neologist,
I do worship what it stood for. The validity of the new testament.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 01:26 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
The validity of the new testament.
Bro there is or was a group of Christians who killed the baby if it came out feet first, and wondering if and how such is addressed in either testament

...and if you have a moment to think about, believers heartily supporting the mistreatment and painful death of many creatures like the pig, a friendly fellow with the intelligence of a 3-yeard-old humanoid...
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 01:42 pm
@dalehileman,
lolo Where do you come up with this stuff? No Christian is allowed to kill a baby for any reason.
And as far as the pig, I eat a lot of it. Any animal that you kill to eat is ok with God.

Acts 10:11-13
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
(NKJ)

dalehileman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 01:55 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
among the least
Oh the best I'm sure Neo
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 02:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
lolo
Loloish
languages spoken by hill tribes in northern Burma and neighboring areas

Quote:
Where do you come up with this stuff?
Readin', sittin' thinkin'

...Believe was in Burma art the time

Quote:
No Christian is allowed to kill a baby for any reason.
Mebbe not now Bro, but it was just a short while ago

Quote:
And as far as the pig, I eat a lot of it.
Yea me too, with the slightest tinge of guilt however

...slightest..

Quote:
Any animal that you kill to eat is ok with God.
Who says; pray, which God

Forgive pun

Quote:
....13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
(NKJ)
Or, "Pull it out by the legs and kill it pretty quick, but for God sake don't eat it"

Forgive Bro, but ya leave y'self wide open. I keep tellin' myself, "Dale, don't do that, it's cruel;" but then can't resist
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 04:49 pm
@dalehileman,
you said

Quote:

No Christian is allowed to kill a baby for any reason.

Mebbe not now Bro, but it was just a short while ago

I said
Not ever.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 05:18 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
I said Not ever
Bro you could be right. Somehow I might have remembered it wrong. The igbo killed feet-first but not sure if that was before or after they got Christianized

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=igbo+kill+born+feet-first+christianized
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:18 pm
@dalehileman,
I think you remembered it wrong. There is no Christianity in there.
This is what it says.
emigration due to overpopulation.

Religion

The Igbo are a profoundly religious people who believe in a benevolent creator, usually known as Chukwu, who created the visible universe (uwa), and is especially associated with rain, trees and other plants. According to the traditional religion of the Igbo, there is no concept of a gender type such as “man” or “woman” associated with the supreme deity Chukwu.

The Igbo believe in the concept of Ofo and Ogu, which is a governing law of retributive justice. It is believed that Ofo and Ogu will vindicate anyone that is wrongly accused of a crime as long as "his hands are clean." It is only the one who is on the side of Ogu-na-Ofo that can call its name in prayer, otherwise such a person will face the wrath of Amadioha (the god of thunder and lightning). Tied to redistributive justice, Igbo believe that each person has their own personal god ("Chi"), which is credited for an individual's fortune or misfortune.

Apart from the natural level of the universe, they also believe that another plane exists, which is filled with spiritual forces, called the alusi. The alusi are minor deities, and have the capacity to perform good or evil, depending on circumstances. They punish social offenses and those who unwittingly infringe upon the privileges of the gods. In order to commune with the spiritual level of the universe, diviners exist to interpret the wishes of the alusi. The alusi can also be reached through the priesthood, which placates them with sacrifices. Either a priest is chosen through hereditary lineage or is chosen by a particular god for his service, usually after passing through a number of mystical experiences.

Native religious beliefs

Deities

Minor deities claimed an enormous part of the daily lives of the people, due to the belief that these gods could be manipulated in order to protect the population and serve their interests. Some of the most common are:
•Ala – the earth-goddess, the spirit of fertility of man as well as the productivity of the land.
•Igwe – the sky-god. This god was not appealed to for rain however, as was the full-time profession of the rain-makers.
•Imo miri – the spirit of the river. The Igbo believe that a big river has a spiritual aspect; it is forbidden to fish in such deified rivers.
•Mbatuku– the spirit of wealth.
•Agwo – a spirit envious of other’s wealth, always in need of servitors.
•Aha njuku or Ifejioku – the yam spirit.
•Ikoro – the drum spirit.
•Ekwu – the hearth spirit, which is woman’s domestic spirit.

The afterlife

There is a strong Igbo belief that the spirits of one's ancestors keep a constant watch over the living, and must be placated through prayer. Ancestors who had lived well, died in socially approved ways, and were given correct burial rites, were allowed to continue the afterlife in a world of the dead. The world of dead that was filled with honored ancestors mirrored the world of the living, and deceased relatives were periodically reincarnated among the living. The reincarnated dead were given the name ndichie, meaning "the returners." Those who died bad deaths and lack correct burial rites cannot return to the world of the living, or enter that of the dead. They wander homeless, expressing their grief by causing destruction among their living counterparts.