In light of the Paris attacks, is it time to eradicate religion?

revelette2

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 07:54 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
The cousin of the 'mastermind' of the Paris attacks which was the girl who blew herself up was just a flat out thug. Reports say she wasn't religious, she was into drinking and drugs and taking racy selfies.

Hard-partying jihadi woman was not a suicide bomber

I suspect she was just out of control young woman who thought it was cool to dress up like a jihadist until the real thing blew himself up right beside her. According to this article, she was only turned a month ago.
Brand X

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:31 am
@revelette2,
The 'fog' of news.
revelette2

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:39 am
@Brand X,
True
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:35 am
When it comes to religion, the only time it should be dealt with is when it fractures into sects and starts to ignore their own scriptures.

You do not have to pay violent attention to a "religion" if it:
1. Promotes peace and removes members who promote violence and immoral behaviour
2. Has strict rules against sects, and removes members who promote viewpoints that could lead into a sect (not to be confused with thought policing)
3. Has most or if not all of it's members refuse to pick up arms in order to participate in war for any reason
4. Adheres strictly to the true meaning of their religious text and does not warp the original messages to serve it's own means (not to be confused with seeking a more accurate translation of the religious text)
5. Cannot be traced back to Babylonic religious structure (cannot be traced back to Ba'al, burning children, fertility gods, sacred poles, Nimrod&Semerimis-trinity, etc.)

If it complies with those five rules, there is no need to eradicate the religion. If it doesn't comply with at least one of those rules, then... Well, you get the picture.

I've seen the Quakers and the Jw.org organization to be the best candidates for following the 5 rules, though the latter appears to fair best. You need to push aside all of the conspiracy theories, of course.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:12 pm
Paris attacks caused archbishop to 'doubt' presence of God

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34893039

http://able2know.org/topic/303516-1
Nova Flare Q

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:26 pm
@neologist,
He obviously doesn't know his scriptures well enough.
neologist

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:29 pm
@Nova Flare Q,
Well, he is a preacher. You can't expect too much.
fresco

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:39 pm
@neologist,
Maybe he has remembered how to use his brain ! Mr. Green
RABEL222

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 03:56 pm
@fresco,
I am so glad that there are so many geniuses here. Without them I wouldent know what to think. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:34 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
Maybe he has remembered how to use his brain ! Mr. Green
Don't forget your brain usually has a mind of its own. Drunk
But, if you are right, perhaps he should resign his position.
fresco

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 07:26 pm
@neologist,
Resign ?.......No. Too many vested interests.....and he has probably read Don Cupitt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cupitt
neologist

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 07:43 pm
@fresco,
Interesting vestments, you say?
I have not looked in his closet.
Mr. Green
RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:28 pm
@neologist,
Are you a ultra conservative?
neologist

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Many might say that while including desctripions such as pusilanimous psycopathic pussyfooter.
0 Replies

DML

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 03:07 am
@neologist,
I would say that on the contrary - it is time to finally understand it.
0 Replies

philbutler

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:11 am
@neologist,
There is no reason to try and eradicate religion or faith, all we need to do is ensure good pupils follow the teachings of their God. It's the diversion into "self godliness" that gets everybody killed.

Islam says nothing whatever to be misconstrued in order to murder innocents. Neither does Christianity or Judaism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism, or any other major religion.

I can interpret the bible so that handling deadly snakes in church is meaningful, or like Jim Jones, so that my disciples will take poison. I think if we all decide to understand other religions, then the terrorists of any belief will have a lot less power. As it is, we give jihadists their ultimate weapon... Christians acting just like them.

Ask your rabbi or pastor or spiritual guide about this. It is not really rocket science. A bug could figure it out.
fresco

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:28 pm
@philbutler,
Maybe a bug ( or a Jihadist) can't quite work out what 'innocent' means.
And maybe an atheist considers all believers in an afterlife 'guilty' of giving 'rationality' to fanatics.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 09:34 pm
@neologist,
Yes, let God sort them out.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:59 am
@neologist,
I think we should first put to death all who say 'time to eradicate religion' --they historically are the great murderers of history. If you admit that reason supplies no aid to you then just say it !!!

Is the UN a pro-religion group?? Of course not, yet you must know this

On December 10, 1948 the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights...
Article 18:
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

SUPPORT RIGHTS OF CONSCIENCE if you are not a hypocrite.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:26 am
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
I think we should first put to death all who say 'time to eradicate religion'

Is this theology or opinion? you have me concerned.
0 Replies