Got caught cheating in college

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 01:01 am
I need some advice.. I got caught cheating on a test in college and was given an F in the class and a mark on my transcript for two semesters.. This was a one time event under some extremely difficult circumstances. I know that no matter what was going on in my life, I clearly made the wrong decision. One I plan to never make again. I already graduated and was taking extra classes at the time of the incident. I still am holding on to hope for grad school... My goal was vet school, but its hard to stay positive at the moment. I just want to know what people think I should do to build integrity? I plan on writing the dean of provost and my professor to apologize. I do not plan on taking anymore classes because there are no more I need to take, so I do not have the chance to redeem myself with grades in that sense.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,824 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 02:09 am
@Holdingontohope,
Not trying to sound stupid but how do you know that anybody cares?

Quote:
60.8% of polled college students admitted to cheating.

The same poll revealed that 16.5% of them didn’t regret it

Cheaters have higher GPAs.

The public is more concerned with cheating than college officials. The Ad Council and Educational Testing Service discovered that 41% of Americans and 34% of college officials considered academic cheating a serious issue. They attribute the surprisingly low numbers to a decreased stigma surrounding the actions and an increase in emphasizing a stockpile of rewards and honors over hard work and dedication.

http://oedb.org/ilibrarian/8-astonishing-stats-on-academic-cheating/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 04:03 pm
Go and sin no more. If you're sorry, forgive yourself.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 04:39 pm
@Holdingontohope,
I agree with the other posts.

We all make mistakes. You made a mistake. You take the consequences. You learn from it. You become a better person. And you move on. I wouldn't bother writing the dean or the professor. Sorry to say, but they don't really care. They know the rules of the game, and it is all part of the job for them.

You shouldn't do it again... but it might not be as big a deal as you think it is. It isn't life ending. It may mean you need to do a little more work to get to grad school.

Apply for grad school if you ready. If you aren't then take whatever courses you need. If you need to take more courses, then take more courses. If you are rejected, find an adviser to help you build up your record and keep trying.

Yes, you have the chance to redeem yourself.
0 Replies