Debra Law

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:29 pm
vet bills
I finally named the rescued sister kittens: Suzie and Sally.

I named the little one "Suzie" after my younger sister. She took to her name right away and responds when I call her. I think she likes her name.

I was going to name the other kitten after my older sister, but the name just didn't fit. Finally, I called her "Sally" and she came running to me. "Sally, Sally . . . come here, Sally!" She comes every time, so I think we finally have the names right.

I took the rescued sister kittens, Suzie & Sally, to the vet this afternoon for their first check-up and first vaccinations. I have to take them back in four weeks for their boosters.

Since the sisters were outside cats and might be carrying worm eggs, my vet recommended deworming ALL of my cats. So, my older girls, Polly and Tabby, had to be given worm medication just to be on the safe side because they were exposed to the formally outside cats.

Suzie figured out the litter box right away. It was no problem at all for Suzie to adapt from being an outside cat to an inside cat. Good girl. Sally, on the other hand, doesn't understand that she MUST use the litter box every time. (I'm getting pretty annoyed with cleaning up her messes.) I talked to the vet about this problem because I've never had a cat that actually needed to be "trained" to use the litter box.

I have to get Sally confined to a small area--perhaps a cage with a bed and litter box--until she adapts to using the box every time she has to potty. So, I'm trying to line up a suitable cage. She won't like it, but better a cage until she's trained rather than the cold, dangerous outdoors with the highway so close.
0 Replies