What?

The neighbors?

Sigh...
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:28 am
msolga wrote:
Oohhhhhhh! Come back, Loverboy! Sad

I'll second msolga. This is a saga that needs continuing.

Debra, please give us an update. Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:02 am
Wondering too...
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:43 pm
Still gone
I keep expecting to hear him cry at my door, begging to come inside, but nothing yet. He must be trapped inside the neighbor's house.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:47 pm
<frowning>

If he is, I'm betting he'll get loose soon.

<crossing my fingers>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:05 pm
I have a strong feeling in my bones that you've not seen the last of him, Debra. Keep us posted!
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:09 pm
Hang in there Debra--why do I imagine those 'pitiful cries' in the wee hours of the morning? That's when I suspect you'll wake up, keep an ear out. If you get him back in--he's yours!

Please don't keep us wondering, let us know when you can.

Many thanks
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:19 am
No sightings, Debra? Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:31 am
Debra

Has Loverboy vanished for good? Sad
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:44 am
nothing yet
Lover Boy: That ungrateful little love 'em and leave 'em stinker. Not one pitiful cry has been heard. Where did he go?

I suspect he's being held prisoner in the neighbor's house -- totally against his will -- and someday, he will come bounding back to cry at my door once again. As soon as I open the door, he will leap into my arms, snuggle his furry little head into the nape of my neck, and purrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:47 am
Oh I do hope that happens, Debra. Smile It's been a long time now, though ... I hope he's OK.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:55 am
okay
I believe that he MUST be okay. If he was hungry or lonely or cold or simply outside for that matter, I have no doubt that he would be crying at my door.

Maybe he just needed me to take care of him until his owner got out of jail. Who knows? LOL Maybe the darn cat instinctively knew the day his owner was released from jail and went running back into his arms. Maybe he's happy where he's at. That's what I like to think. . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:58 am
I do hope you're right, Debra.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:44 pm
40 days
After 40 days missing, we finally saw LoverBoy tonight. My man came running into the house and said he spotted "blue eyes" standing in the neighbor's car port. It was dark and cold out, but I immediately ran outside barefoot and without a jacket. I called for him softly. He showed himself, but he didn't come running.

It was so dark, I couldn't tell right away if it was him or not. I sat down on the cold damp grass and called him again. He walked over to me very cautiously. It took a few moments of talking to him softly and holding my hand out to him before he would come over for a pet.

He was soon in my lap, enjoying a good petting, purring and rubbing his face into my face. I was so happy to find him alive and well. He was bigger, heavier, and looked well-fed. He wasn't clean though. His fur felt dirty and gritty. I was also wondering why he seemed so afraid at first--this wasn't like the LoverBoy that I remembered.

I pet him a long time even though it was cold and I was sitting in damp grass. I carried him to the fence and I encouraged him to go home, but he didn't want to leave me. He followed me to my door and meowed a few minutes after I went inside--but then he was gone again.

I wanted to bring him inside and keep him, but I knew he belonged to someone else. Of course I cried to my man about my worries. I expressed my concern that maybe he was being mistreated because he seemed afraid at first---his loving, trusting, run-right-up-to-people attitude had changed. I told my man to go plant a spy cam in the neighbor's house so we could monitor his treatment--and my man said he would get right on that tomorrow. Of course, we're joking with each other--but we're both concerned whether or not he has a "good" home.

What do you think? Should I go back outside, call my loverboy and see if he comes running, scoop him up, and keep him? Or should I just trust that he has a good home because he appeared well-fed?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
Debra

After 40 days he returns! He really took his time, didn't he? Could his feeders be the folk that you previously thought owned him? Why not ask?
Anyway, it's really a relief to know he's OK. Maybe he'll become a regular visitor? Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:20 am
This has been one hell of a cat saga.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:31 am
Crying
I can't stop crying!

Since LoverBoy showed up again, he has been a regular visitor to my home. He would cry at the door, and I would let him him. I would give him a bath, feed him, play with him, give him lots of love. He was so affectionate.

I was growing so attached to him -- and I was making plans to keep him even though my man complained about having three cats. I knew with winter coming, my man's heart would soften and not allow the cat to freeze to death. I had kept him in the house for the last couple of days.

My 9-year-old calico, PollyAnna, liked LoverBoy. Both PollyAnna and LoverBoy would lay on the couch with me and watch television. My 8-year-old tabby cat, Tabitha, still had hissy fits but LoverBoy was trying so hard to make friends with her. But LoverBoy still loved the outdoors and would dart outside when the door was opened.

The other day he darted outside when I was leaving to run an errand. But he thought twice about it--came running back--and I let him inside again. Last evening my man let LoverBoy go outside. My man came into the livingroom and said the cat wanted out -- so he let him out. I said that's okay -- he'll come back when he's hungry.

He came back about 8:00 in the evening. He was meowing at the door and I opened the door and talked to him for a few minutes. I knew if I let him in then that Tabitha would have hissy fits and my man would complain. I intended to let LoverBoy back in the house after my man went to sleep. That way, if LoverBoy was simply there when my man woke up in the morning, my man would just make his usual joke: "Oh, I see the cat is back again." And then my man would get ready for work and there wouldn't be any complaints.

I even told my man that LoverBoy was sitting out on the step--but I didn't let him in because I was afraid that HE WOULD COMPLAIN.

LoverBoy didn't come back last evening.

This morning, my man found him DEAD ON THE HIGHWAY. We both cried and cried and cried. I am so heartsick. He was sitting on my back step asking to come in--and I didn't open the door and let him in. My man kept telling me that he was sorry! I told him it wasn't his fault--I should have let LoverBoy in last evening. I FEEL SO GUILTY and SICK to my stomach. I can't stop crying. My man feels so guilty because he's the one who let LoverBoy out of the house in the first place. He feels guilty because knows I didn't let LoverBoy in last evening because I knew he would complain.

I loved that cat! I keep picturing him last evening--sitting on my doorstep--his sweet little face looking up at me and not understanding why mommy wouldn't let him in the house. I just hate myself!!!!!!
0 Replies