Define "Evidence"

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:22 am
@Setanta,
I don't have any answers...I exposed you to my own intelligible cosmogony. Answers ? To each its own my dear Setanta ! Wink
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:26 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm not convinced that your cosmogony is intelligible, nor that you in fact described a cosmogony. Your assumptions about god and nature beg the question of cosmogony. I have no problem with you having and offering your opinion. My problem is that you offer it as though you were making statements from authority--an authority which i have no reason to assume that you possess.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:36 am
@Setanta,
All statements are of authority or they aren't statements at all. Reason is authority. You seem to forget that...
Like it or not what I "offer" is a Cosmogony about the "WORLD" !
You have yet to answer my question on whether or not you BELIEVE the world is rational...then we may proceed from there to analyse nature's NATURE.

Finally you talking about "god" is heavily biased. It doesn't help. You almost behave irrationally as soon as you see some whispering of the forbidden word...
In my book things are debated depending on presented definitions and not as static classical concepts. Your trauma with American religious fanaticism runs deep...Thank God here in Europe we all fake believers... we preserve tradition and the best Institutions have to offer without letting them step on business they aren't meant for. Finally a word of advise for being so naive to hope religion is the big monster the world needs to get rid off...Opium sells in any form, just like soccer does.
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Now you're just babbling, and arguing for argument's sake. Have a nice life, don't bother to write.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:43 am
@Setanta,
From the two of us I assure you I am not the one babbling ! Very Happy
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:49 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Oh yeah? What the hell do you think cosmogony means? Or do you just use words because you think they sound cool?

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/common_loon_joshmerril.jpg
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:59 am
@Setanta,
Cosmogony is a pov on how the world ties together, it better be personal not borrowed. Do you have any ? Are you the duck in the pic lad ?
No really I am left wondering...ya don't know Jack on my thought process or you would shut straight away...stop making noise and start talking, or get some pills...be civil !
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 08:27 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
In the first place, if you have me on ignore, you wouldn't know if i had done that or not.
I peeked. Thanks for not caring.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 02:01 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
cosmogony (or cosmogeny-as it is spelled in AGI cyclopedias), is either a scientific theory or a cultural mythology. Of which are you specific.

I see that many of the philosophical adventures are vocabularies searching for an application or two.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 03:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

It's a symptom of Frank's frustration at being so commonly ignored.

You don't ignore me, that's for sure, Fat Boy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 03:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No, that is not what cosmogony means. The bird in the picture is a loon--and that's for you.
layman

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 03:32 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The bird in the picture is a loon--and that's for you

VICTIMIZED, yet again, eh?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
Cosmo gnosis/Cosmogony in the case applies as I already clarified to a "cultural myth". In the context and in Portuguese we use the word to express the world view of an particular individual or a group. Guess which meaning I was using ? Your pal Setanta there made a fool out of himself by trying to lecture me on stuff like this. Its just idiotic.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:32 pm
@Setanta,
You are an ignoramous with 2 fingers of smart on your forehead and good memory. Not a single deep idea comes out of your mouth, nothing profound or insightful ever, just pot shot snark remarks....get a life ! You are nowhere near of getting the slightest vaguest grasp at what I am talking about and I have news for you lad, its not my fault here...you just fail at getting it time and again ! Don't bother replying I had enough of your filth for a day...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:32 pm
What is truly idiotic is you attemptingto lecture a native speaker on what a word means in English. From Merriam-Webster-dot-com:

Definition of COSMOGONY
1 a theory of the origin of the universe
2 the creation or origin of the world or universe

That's not what you happened to have been babbling about at that particular time.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:36 pm
@Setanta,
You foolish fool...obviously the word can be applied to an individual world conceptual view...in fact it is in many places and I suspect back there to...I honestly have to wonder if you truly are an Historian as you say because right now I have just doubts about your credentials...
puzzledperson

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot: "...what if the definition is really simply 'to recognize'?"

If "worship" is just a synonym for recognition, the term is superfluous. Clearly I can recognise (meaning either acknowledge the existence of or properly classify) any of a large variety of objects or phenomena without venerating (much less worshipping) them.

Recognise what? Godhood? What does recognition of godhood entail? And what is meant by "God"?
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:53 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Obviously, it cannot. I have never claimed to be an Historian, nor, for that matter, an historian.
0 Replies

puzzledperson

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 06:07 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque: ""Worshipping" is just what you do when you get a lemonade juice and seat down at a beautiful beach sunset listening the waves coming and going..."

Worship is drinking a lemonade? Enjoying the beach? If all I'm doing is enjoying some mundane phenomenon, why use the word "worship" at all? What additional meaning does it confer? How about scratching a patch of itchy skin? Playing tiddlywinks? Is there anything that isn't worship?

Fil Albuquerque: "You acknowledge NATURALLY the order in the world, the connection in reality, the ratio and patterns of all things. You are at home.."

What if the lemonade is sour? What if the beach is polluted, or a dead washed up whale stinks and offends my eye? What if the mosquitoes are biting or my reverie is disturbed and disrupted by someone arguing with their wife or beating their children? What if I'm not at home, or find the pattern of something to be most unnatural? What if I find the order broken and corrupted by the disorder of disease?

Uncritical acceptance of what you call "the order of the world" strikes me as a form of diabolism. There is too much ugliness and too much unnecessary and wrongful suffering. I don't see an order so much as the vandalization of an order, a potential that has gone sadly and badly wrong.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 06:51 pm
@puzzledperson,
I don't have the pretension to correct that which is, reality it is worth everything, opinions are just real opinions...Flies have a purpose to...
Have a nice day !
0 Replies