Insulting Graffiti Tags

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 09:58 pm
This is in connection with the following thread:

http://able2know.org/topic/298057-2

I have to criticize the Able2know system which allows random users to alter the Forums distribution list and to add "graffiti tags" which allow anonymous comments and slanders to be added to the Forums list, even when no such forums exist.

For example, the bizarre tag "two accounts one ip address" was added, apropos of nothing. Additionally, a tag adding distribution to the "Fraud" forum was added. While there is a Fraud forum, this thread obviously doesn't belong to it.

I was told by one user that I could "bump" the offending tags by adding more of my own. After spending 20 frustrating minutes, I was able to eliminate the ip tag but not the "fraud" tag, which frankly would make me look like an idiot to anyone who thought I had created it. I also had to extend the tag list rather artificially with European History in order to bump the other tag that doesn't belong.

There is only one user on my ignore list and that is Setanta, because of his trolling and his constant recourse to ad hominem. Able2know staff should be able to determine the culprit and issue a warning about inappropriate use of tags. If this is Setana's way of continuing to be disruptive after being unable to do do through his comments (which are now invisible to me) they should be able to determine that. This same provocateur (whoever it is) seems to have followed my posts and added an insulting and inappropriate tag to a post I left on the Able2know Moderation forum (since successfully bumped out).

This sort of thing lends itself to retaliation, but I prefer not to waste my online time that way. My advice is to stop being an infantile, disruptive, attention seeking and counterproductive moron.

Incidentally, if the high number of thumbs-up which Setanta's comments have received here is any indication, an investigation of multiple accounts might profitably be directed his way. It would be just like him to add a cowardly, anonymous graffiti tag accusing others of his own faults.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,792 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Miss L Toad

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 09:12 pm
@puzzledperson,
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

puzzledperson

Thu 22 Oct, 2015 10:48 pm
@Miss L Toad,
Guess your game? From the lyrics you seem to be suggesting Ladders And Snakes; but MY guess is "Blockhead!":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockhead!

Your turn.

P.S. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Rolling Stones so I skipped your video.
Miss L Toad

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:59 am
@puzzledperson,
Quote:
Guess your game? From the lyrics you seem to be suggesting Ladders And Snakes; but MY guess is "Blockhead!":

Pick up sticks and gimme shelter.

0 Replies