Wed 14 Oct, 2015 09:30 pm
http://anonhq.com/in-the-last-24-hours-russia-has-destroyed-nearly-all-isis-ammunition-heavy-vehicles/

Quote:
In the Last 24-hours, Russia Has Destroyed Nearly All ISIS Ammunition & Heavy Vehicles

farmerman

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 12:17 am
@gungasnake,
seems that thiis guy's the only one reporting that Russia is even targeting ISIL. A 10/14 map of where the attacks were show that almost all the attacks are on the anti-Assad rebels and not ISIL.

gungasnake

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 07:58 am
@farmerman,
Russians have noted that they are using extreme bombs on extremist terrorists like ISIS and moderate bombs on moderate terrorists such as Bork Obunga's butt buddies...
farmerman

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 08:58 am
@gungasnake,
funny thing, when we detroyed the Iraqi army under GHW Bush, and the country's infrastructure under "Curious George" Bush, Im sure the Russians learned more about our munitions and started a crash program to spend on a military improvement.
Now we are watching the Russian's newest toys as they attack the rebels , and we learn what theyre now capable of.
Its alpha gorilla time .

When will Pootie Poot begin attacking ISIL?
InfraBlue

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 12:09 pm
@farmerman,
Heh, alpha gorilla.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 01:46 pm
http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-barack-obama-actually-trying-to-start-world-war-iii/5482079
farmerman

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:05 pm
@gungasnake,
try not to exclaim "Mission Accomplished" till its really accomplished.

roger

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:17 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, we learn their capabilities; they gain experience. I have to worry about what they will do with it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Now we are watching the Russian's newest toys as they attack the rebels , and we learn what theyre now capable of.

Putin has been running his Russian Military Improvement Program for near ten years. American intel ignored it, they assumed that it would not amount to anything.

OOOPS!
farmerman

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
Once Russia had the biggest nuclear fleet in the world.Now, thanks to their well known incompetence and inability to maintain anything, Much or their fleet lies on the bottom of the Kara Sea.

The biggest enemy of the Russian navy is.....RUST.
hawkeye10

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Once Russia had the biggest nuclear fleet in the world.Now, thanks to their well known incompetence and inability to maintain anything, Much or their fleet lies on the bottom of the Kara Sea.

The biggest enemy of the Russian navy is.....RUST.

And yet they have little ships that can shoot advanced cruise missiles, so small that no one else can use them to launch, that till two weeks ago no one thought that the Russians could launch from.

What else can they do that we dont know about? What else can they do that no one else can do?

Time for you to reexamine what you call facts.

The last time the Russian military suffered a defeat was pre CCCP, they are something like 6-0 to include Chechnya post CCCP . Put that in your pipe and smoke it pal.
gungasnake

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:37 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3272872/Russia-prepares-rain-hellfire-ISIS-Putin-s-forces-deploy-Blazing-Sun-heavy-flamethrower-missile-launcher-Syria-capable-flattening-eight-city-blocks.html#ixzz3oZhixJsg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/14/20/2D6A82ED00000578-3272872-image-a-2_1444852347173.jpg
farmerman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Ill see whether Georgeob has any opinions about Russian "maintenance". Anything looks great when its less than 5 years old.
Why is much of the old Soviet nuclear navy on the bottom of the sea?

farmerman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

The last time the Russian military suffered a defeat was pre CCCP,

You forgot their little soiree into Afghanistan where a bunch of goat ropers armed with Stingers brought those bigass Russian battle choppers down and the CCCP quietly left Afghanistan to the Mooj,(whom we then turnd against us because we dint keep our promises)
farmerman

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 07:35 am
@gungasnake,
one drone, one kill.
0 Replies

George

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 08:53 am
@gungasnake,
These "thermobaric" rockets are truly horrifying.

The thermobaric warheads, also called vacuum or fuel-air explosives,
spread a flammable liquid around a target and then ignite the liquid.

The blast is lethal in itself, but the vacuum that follows the explosion is
strong enough to cause deadly internal damage, including rupturing of
vital organs, such as the lungs.

A study by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency from as early as 1993,
writes that the effect of a thermobaric weapon on targets in confined
spaces, such as buildings, bunkers and tunnels, is 'immense'.

'Those near the ignition point are obliterated. Those at the fringe are
likely to suffer many internal, and thus invisible injuries, including burst
eardrums and crushed inner ear organs, severe concussions, ruptured
lungs and internal organs, and possibly blindness.'

I hope Czar Vladimir hits only ISIS targets.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

The last time the Russian military suffered a defeat was pre CCCP,

You forgot their little soiree into Afghanistan where a bunch of goat ropers armed with Stingers brought those bigass Russian battle choppers down and the CCCP quietly left Afghanistan to the Mooj,(whom we then turnd against us because we dint keep our promises)

Ya, I worded that poorly. I was trying to say that since the end of the Soviet Union Russia has not had a military failure.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ill see whether Georgeob has any opinions about Russian "maintenance". Anything looks great when its less than 5 years old.
Why is much of the old Soviet nuclear navy on the bottom of the sea?

This is not something that I have spent a ton of time on but my understanding is that Putin and his people decided that the military they inherited from the Soviets would be a little use even if they could fix it, so massive reforms were taken, basically replacing the Soviet military with a new Russian military. The ranks were vastly shrunk, most of the equipment they did not even try to maintain, they set about making a new force structure with new training programs, and they got to work building new equipment. The idea was that Russia is never going to invade Europe, what they need a force of small highly mobile highly lethal units of well trained men who can operate largely without command and control from Moscow. Chechnya was the wake-up call.

Further I have heard that in order to get enough money to do all of that needed upgrades and maintenance to the nuclear force had to be sacrificed, the large nuke missiles and their launch systems being the one part of the Soviet Force that is still required in their view .

I too would be interested in anything that Georgeob has to say on the subject, he likely knows more than I do on this.
hawkeye10

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Missteps and indecision concerning the Middle East on the part of President Barack Obama have thrown away more than four decades of U.S. foreign policy achievements in the region, said Niall Ferguson, the right-leaning Harvard historian and biographer of Henry Kissinger.

With his military moves in Syria, Russian President Vladimir Putin is "making a shrewd chess move, with the intention of establishing Russia as the power broker in the Syrian civil war and the region generally," Ferguson told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Friday, a position the Soviet Union was forced to abdicate when kicked out of the Middle East in the early 1970s.

"I don't think this goes smoothly for Putin," he acknowledged. "[But] I think the U.S. had that position of leadership in the region right down until the Obama presidency.

Moscow's stated purpose in its 2-week-old air campaign in Syria is to fight the Islamic State group, which has strengthened its ranks there. But along with strikes against Islamic State fighters, Russia also has reportedly targeted other resistance groups in Syria's multifaction civil war that began in 2011. The U.S. and its allies also have been waging a yearlong bombing effort against Islamic State militants, while trying to diplomatically edge President Bashar Assad from power.

Obama has "essentially left Putin to take the initiative ... while we try to figure out what to do next," Ferguson said. "The president dragged his feet since this civil war began."

"It's a pretty perfect illustration of the things that can wrong if you're indecisive," Ferguson argued. "It reminds me of one of Kissinger's most important points. 'If you do nothing in the face of a crisis and think that things will be OK, you can end up in a much bigger mess than if you act relatively early.'"

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/16/kissinger-biographer-putin-exploits-obama-blunder.html

As many have pointed out under Obama the USA is departing the region and everybody knows it, which allowed Putin to go in with a small highly trained force in partnership with the Iranians and take over control of the situation. Ideally this plays out with Iran and Russia and anyone who wants to join their team rubbing out ISIS, and putting both Syria and Iraq back together. Western powers can join the fight if we agree to behave, but Russia and Iran will lead. This will speed up the withdrawal of the USA from the region, and will leave Israel largely to fend for itself.

We see how much of that happens. The first step is the get the Syria fight down to two sides, the regime and ISIS.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 04:17 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
try not to exclaim "Mission Accomplished" till its really accomplished.

That is right up there with " if you like your health care you can keep your health care."

Or "AlQeda is on the run."

Or the red line Obama drew against Syria.