Which a2k member do you think you would most enjoy to have as a neighbour? Why?

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:46 am
@dlowan,
Boida! I want Boida! And Panzade
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 04:31 am
jespah and Region Phibis, but they're almost neighbors anyway.
Joe Nation -- he like likes running, drinking and shooting the ****.
And he's a Red Sox fan.

Who I'd really like is someone with a pickup truck I could borrow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 08:16 am
The Prince!

he's probably one of the humans I've been able to relax best with ... ever

good sense of humour, good sense of silly, good sense of quiet

yup

that's my neighbour pick

for today
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 08:37 am
JGoldman10 and Chaiyah, if the men in white coats, the devil or the chemtrails haven't gotten them
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 12:17 pm
I'm calling Deb and Beth, Roberta of course, and a couple we don't see any more Piffka and Stoat - such good storytellers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 01:43 pm
Thems some worthy neighbours
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:38 am
@dlowan,
Farmerman & JoeFromChicago & Engineer because they would not bother me with needless irrelevancies and insincere pleasantries.
Linkat

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:12 pm
ChaI because she is crazy and short
engineer

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:50 pm
@Chumly,
LOL, agreed! The basis for good neighbors.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:21 pm
I'd rather stick to a list of a2k members I'd rather NOT have as a neighbour.

However, honesty compels me to place myself in that group, and since neighbour-ism is a two-way kind of deal, I suppose my final answer would have to be: none.

Or perhaps two of the undesirable ones, so at least one of their neighbour slots has been taken and they can only pick one more person to vex.

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:23 pm
@Chumly,
Lol! It's funny what different criteria we have. I am very fond of the odd irrelevancy.
dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:24 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

ChaI because she is crazy and short

That works for Beth as well!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:26 pm
@najmelliw,
I didn't know you were undesirable? I think you can opt to have none at all...you don't need to protect others!
dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:30 pm
@dlowan,
Someone said you need a friend who's an architect.....I already have one of them, a friend who is a plumber...ditto, a friend with a ute....that's a pick up in US English, I think...I have a vacancy for that.

I'd like a neighbour who can sew please. And a gardener. Someone with big dogs that they need help walking....preferably Siberian huskies but that's negotiable. Also someone who adores cat sitting...any takers?

People who enjoy dinner parties and high teas.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:44 pm
@dlowan,
I'm fond of the neighbor to the right of me. She's the one whose furnace caught her house afire maybe four years ago now, in the middle of the night. Woke me up about 4 a.m banging on the door, screaming. I just about never answer my door (mormons and other religious folk with a spiel in the day time and I'm on the vulnerable side at night, so never at night). Anyway, the screaming got to me and I opened the door, neighbors in a bunch as my house could catch fire too. Firetruck pulled up to flames high in the air..

We were all ok, including her dog.. but she had a hell of a lot of work done to fix things (insured). We are happy to see each other but don't often. We know we can count on each other.

When I had my giant water leak, mmm, three years ago?, both neighbors let me use gallon jugs to take their water while I waited for the plumbers to do a whole big number.

When Katy dog had to be put down, the guy neighbor down the street carried her to the car.. makes me cry even now as I type, and he was tearing as well.

Them there... are some good neighbors. Another house down the way belongs to a sheriff, his wife, and a barking dog (I like barking dogs, they bring life to a place).

My closest friend here is Diane of a2k... not right next door, probably a good thing for both of us.
dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:16 pm
@ossobuco,
I never did see where you live!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:55 pm
@dlowan,
As the crow flies (I've not seen a crow here, so, as the quails romp) not far, very short by air but a bunch of twirly streets in the mode I so dislike, differentiation of housing tracts, no bypass for a walker.

I live in an oddly to me charming housing tract of duplexes, so called townhouses, at the foot of the petroglyphs. I'm sardonic on all this as in that in my teens many years ago a friend told me she wanted to never live on Peach St. I didn't particularly agree then. Later I got it, when I spent years in beginning landscape architecture detailing housing tract landscape and then, designing a huge lot of it, for one of the top u.s. companies, not to brag. Not to brag as I needed to get away from that, big ugh, but the experience was useful.

Anyway, it is ironic to me that I live here, and like the area. Except for stuff I hate, like transportation.

Distance from Diane, I'd say twelve to sixteen blocks, a mile, by quail.

My memory of our visit, pre visit, was that at first you wanted to see only Bob and Diane, which I fully get. Diane was adament, No. Roger and I pushed at some length to get to meet you. I wouldn't push to get you to come see my house, which I would have liked. We ended up liking each other, eh? You and I are both tumblers, and were ok+ in person. I'm hard of hearing, as you know, but loved your voice and understood some of what we said.

I had a similar problem when I went to New York after 44 years, one of the crones being unyielding re my visiting her house, so I get the pressure.
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 07:47 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
... as the quails romp

I love that phrase! That conjures up such a fun visual.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 11:52 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I didn't know you were undesirable?

Plenty. Anytime I engage in self reflection, I wind up with self loathing. No alcohol required either.

Perhaps the choosing of less desirable a2k members isn't a complete self sacrifice on my part... It might be nice to vent frustration every once in a while by annoying my neighbours... and I could never do that if I actually like them.
0 Replies