Help and i Will Help also Share PLEASE

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
Howdy, ma name is cowboy and i am a begining collector. i have been collecting now for 5 months. i am an individual raising 4 kids and have been for 10 years now. i am also a one man band with music that is reaching folk out here in no man's land. i am refusing labels and playing in bars as well. (if im to go into a bar, it is only...to have a shot or two of whiskey, spitz). i am requesting help on stuff i have that there is no price on, that is of normalty for cowboy of last of the cowboys. Thee problem is thee value, in which i hold priceless my damned self. The dollar has somewhat little bearing on this cowboy but value which in turn produces equity in which i need dearly to fulfill thee needs of this trail i am riding.
Since my Mom passed, i have quit work and collecting antiques and collectables, producing my own music, and raising 4 of the most extrodinary kids i really believe were created; has consumed me beyond extassitcal beliefs.

If You would care, dare, be their, i swear - friend for life and partaker in this excitement. i have been to all the shops here in my town. They are intrigued and quote "i have a small fortune" but they don't seem to understand i am not after a dollar, their minds have them deep in their own projects.

Everything to Anything is what i have and our apt went from a studio recording place to now a studio recording/antique and collectable shop.
Could ya take ah little time and gander at some of these items-Paintings, Jewelry, porcelan, china, books, etc...

i know thee very answer'ers of my request will indicate good will and i do appreciate it, on top of that, i'll do my best to make it worth my wild...i am coming across things everyday and i know i am to admire and pass it on...i believe this is what collecting is all about it's facinating...cowboy last of the cowboys...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 03:02 pm
Hey, cowboy. Welcome to A2K. Not quite certain what you mean by this thread.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 09:08 pm
"Could ya...take a gander"?
Are you kidding? I know that some people talk that way, but does anyone spontaneously write that way? Just asking.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 09:53 pm
Howdy Cowboy
I don't quite know what you're asking, but welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 09:56 pm
You make perfect sense to me, cowboy.

Welcome aboard, partner.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:46 am
Oh, my God. It's Gus hiding behind a smoke screen. Very Happy
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:23 am
Listen, "Pardner." I am a Texan and nobody here talks like that. I appreciate your character but I can't understand what it is you're trying to say. Are you advertising?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
My point exactly, Portal Star.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
JL and Portal Star. I do believe that Gus is having a bit of fun with us all.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:20 am
Seems a bit more articulate here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29767&highlight=

Razz
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 02:02 pm
heh, Letty I think you may be right. The anonymity of the internet is interesting. Maybe I should start an argument with myself...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 02:22 pm
Very Happy Well, I PMed Gus. If he doesn't respond, I'll know that I'm right.

Ok, playing along:

Cowboy, I need a companion piece to go along with my Victorian bed. Have you a slipper chair perhaps? I'm also looking to replace several pieces of stem ware. Hope you have those as they are heirlooms, and I'm missing two from a set. Another thing I need is a panel replacement for my unsigned Tiffany lamp.

Hmmmmm. Have you any old recordings that I can play on my wind up Victrola?

Get out those old records
Those old phonograph records
The ones we used to play so long ago
What if they sound scratchy
The tunes they really were catchy
Remember when you used to love them so
I had to play them over and over
For my little sleepy head
They were your lullaby, your fav'rite lullaby
I tucked you into bed
With all those old records
Those old phonograph records

I remember them all
Even though I was small
When you turned down every laddie
With my heart belongs to daddy
I was only knee high
But I remember how I
Used to cry and cry, not jokin'
Every time that one got broken
Mommy, play the funny one, mommy
He's a funny one - over and over
When you tucked me into bed
With all those old records
They were wonderful then
Play them over again

The one, the one, the one, the one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Replies