14

The Martian anyone??

Fil Albuquerque

2  
Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 08:20 am
How could I miss it ? An almost perfect experience. Aside from the storm strength in such a thin atmosphere and the lack of low gravity effects the film is very realistic. Must see for all.

1  
Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 10:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
once a dust storm actually gets rolling, the entrained dust begins to act like a fluid. So, the density actually increases by way of the velocity and the energy therein is conserved in the particles. The average particle size is waay smaller though .
Thats why all those huge dunes on Mars exist, they are, sorta, like the walking dunes of the Sahara except that Saharan sand storms re usually only about as high as your Knees. The energy equation is unique for each fluid density and we can compute the energy budgets from the dune shapes and sizes.
There isnt much energy being transferred to do damage, since most of the prticles are so small. However, the dust and small sand of Martian storms will abrade like crazy.
Id love to take a trip just to see these forces in action in a whole different environment

Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 02:46 pm
Ty for the detail reply Farma hope you get better soon. Don't watch TV or you will get worse...

1  
Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 03:16 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Im pretty much at 75% of fully gruntled. Ive been doing a lot of streaming and On Demand catching up on some programs.
BTW, I was more taken in by the science than most others. I have a habit of dispensing with realities quite easily , so I can make the jump without a lot of second guessing.

I was sorta backed 0ff by growing his crops in crap, although they briefly discuss the features of "compost " in the story.

Goliathus

1  
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 07:43 am
Its alright.. its algiht..

clifferory

-1  
Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 12:21 pm
definitely an outstanding movie.perfect for alone time
(so that no one will annoyingly ask questions everysciencetime. Laughing