SU-34: Coming after Obunga's ISIS butt buddies....

gungasnake

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 09:51 am
http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151006/1028109928/russian-airforce-isil-hq-destruction-palmyra.html
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Sure he could just be a liar, but generally when a person says that they are trying to do something and we believe them and believe that the mission is doable when their goals are not accomplished we say that they were incompetent. When a person runs an organization that repeatedly fails to accomplish the mission (intelligence) we say that they are incompetent.

Putin made Obama look like a chump. Obama has accomplished almost nothing that he claimed to be working on in the middle east, afghanistan or with regards to Russia teaching the Ukraine who their daddy is. Obama was caught clueless on ISIS. Obama was caught clueless on the Russian Military ramping up in Syria. obama was caught clueless on the close cooperation between Iran and Russia on a whole host of matters, to include their taking over the syrian situation, and them also being the only credible advisories to Isis. WAs Obama also caught flat footed on the Turks going back to war with the Kurds? I dont know that yet, but it sure looks like it.

Obama the bystander, but it is his constantly running his yap about wanting to do something and claiming that he is the one who knows what to do that makes him by definition incompetent. Either that or a liar. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Where are you hearing him saying that he intends to achieve anything in particular? I'm not hearing that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:01 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The situation with Obunga is extremely dangerous and we need to get rid of his sorry ass like yesterday. The dufe has just presided over the total collapse of US foreign policy and, as Larouche Pac experts note, the only two possibilities in front of him are resignation, or doing something totally insane.

I think he will stay the course. Continued airstrikes against Islamic State, continued arming of the Free Syrian Army, and not a bit more than that.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:42 pm
@oralloy,
There ain't gonna be any more US or NATO air ops over Syria, the Russians have totally sealed the air space over the place.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 12:45 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

There ain't gonna be any more US or NATO air ops over Syria, the Russians have totally sealed the air space over the place.

Source please.

What I heard was that they have a no fly zone around their bases and a very limited amount of the rest of Syria. I would not put it past them to impose a no fly over all of Syria, Putin is THAT pissed off about what was done to Libya and more importantly that Merkel and Obama lied to him about our intentions there. Chickens do tend to come home to roost.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The ground bombing is done by the ground attack planes build for task, Su-24, Su-25 and Su-34, while above those planes Su-30M fighter jets armed with superfast, medium to long range R-27 air to air missiles give cover. These would shoot down any Turkish jet that would try to attack the Russian bombers. This is just to make sure that Erdogan does not get any stupid ideas.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/russias-campaign-to-snuff-off-the-cias-al-qaeda-forces/5479542

Interesting that we see another claim that the Fullback is a natural bomber. Interesting too is the Putin is not being trusting of anyone....those SU-30's might be part message to The Professor as well.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
At a meeting in Moscow in July, a top Iranian general unfurled a map of Syria to explain to his Russian hosts how a series of defeats for President Bashar al-Assad could be turned into victory - with Russia's help.

Major General Qassem Soleimani's visit to Moscow was the first step in planning for a Russian military intervention that has reshaped the Syrian war and forged a new Iranian-Russian alliance in support of Assad.

As Russian warplanes bomb rebels from above, the arrival of Iranian special forces for ground operations underscores several months of planning between Assad's two most important allies, driven by panic at rapid insurgent gains.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/06/us-mideast-crisis-syria-soleimani-insigh-idUSKCN0S02BV20151006

Supporting my assertion that Putin has gone into partnership with the Iranians.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 04:22 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Supporting my assertion that Putin has gone into partnership with the Iranians.

That's not your assertion, it's common knowledge. What are you going to assert next O mystic one, that water is wet?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 04:32 am
Even Putin's supposed closest ally doesn't want Russian troops on its soil.

Quote:
Belarus does not need a Russian air base, President Alexander Lukashenko has said, despite growing pressure from Moscow to establish such a facility.

He said the issue was never discussed with Russia, although last month President Vladimir Putin ordered his government to fine-tune a deal.

On Sunday, hundreds of Belarusian activists held a protest rally in the capital Minsk against the Russian plan.

Belarus is Russia's key ally, and is a member of a Moscow-led economic union.

"We don't need a base today," Mr Lukashenko was quoted as saying by Belarusian media on Tuesday.

"I hear shrieks from the opposition about the deployment of a Russian air base. I don't know anything about it.

"We need planes - not bases. We have our excellent pilots... Why should I allow in planes and pilots from other countries?"

Lukashenko hasn't stayed in power since 1994 by being stupid. He can see the writing on the wall. Putin is in freefall, Russia's economy is in the shitter, his troops are bogged down in Ukraine and his disastrous intervention in Syria is fooling nobody. Except Gunga, of course, and he's a thick as mince.

Putin is trying to distract attention from Ukraine and the state of the economy, it's short term, and once Russians start coming home in bodybags, only Gunga will think it was a smart move.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 04:54 am
Izzy the POOP,

POOP OOP A DOOP

DA DA DA, DA DA, DA DA

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 05:04 am
Basic realities...

Russia has suffered with the collapse of oil prices and the sanctions but will recover. She has the entire Eurasian/BRICS market to sell to and buy from including India and China. The sanctions are harming Germany much more than Russia and German industrialists have had enough of it:

http://russia-insider.com/en/2nd-most-powerful-person-german-politics-wants-russia-sanctions-lifted/ri10147

Meanwhile Russia is developing its own sources of products denied her by the sanctions.

The real basket-case in the picture is the Soros/Obunga/Nuland Nazi government in Kiev and you can read about that all day long if you know how to use google...

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 05:20 am
@gungasnake,
That bollocks only plays with inbred chavs. This is reality.

Quote:
Things do not look good. Russian firms still have around $100 billion of external debt maturing this year. Since the rouble remains weak, and their cash reserves have dwindled, repayment may be difficult. Wonks at Capital Economics, a consultancy, think that the Russian state will have to help out again. However, Anders Aslund of the Peterson Institute, a think-tank, estimates that the CBR only has about $150 billion of liquid foreign-exchange reserves at its disposal. Add in a big government deficit and high capital outflows, and within a few months reserves will be much lower. The Kremlin may then be tempted to try to pay off foreign debt by printing roubles to buy foreign currency. If that happens, expect much more upheaval.

http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21650188-dont-mistake-stronger-rouble-russian-economic-recovery-worst-yet

Putin's Middle East adventuring is a desperate attempt to distract from the ruinous state of the Russian economy, and things will only get worse.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 01:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Putin's Middle East adventuring is a desperate attempt to distract from the ruinous state of the Russian economy, and things will only get worse.

Putins popularity with the little people is at a near all time high, and I am aware of no evidence that the sanctions have stripped Putin of the support of the elite, which as their advertised purpose. Besides, China would give a Russia a loan if it was required to continue to stand up to the West. I dont see any obvious short term problems with the Putin gameplan.

And given the frequency that Putins political moves have worked over the last few decades betting against him seems unwise.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 01:56 pm
Interesting that Russia is doing 30-40 airstrikes strikes a day with little chatter that they cant keep it up, they are now doing missile strikes from sea as well. Team USA has been doing ten or less per day for a long time now .

The Iranians are still denying that they are moving to increase their ground forces in Syria, and I have seen no solid reporting that allows for the drawing of conclusions of what they are really doing. The fact that the rebels are banding together while claiming that the Russians and the Iranians are working in concert does however indicate that the Iranians might be moving more forces in.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 09:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
President Obama is unwilling to risk escalating the conflict and does not have a new strategy to resolve it or defeat the Islamic State

NYT's

I am shocked! Shocked I tell ya........
roger

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 09:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Interesting that Russia is doing 30-40 airstrikes strikes a day with little chatter that they cant keep it up, they are now doing missile strikes from sea as well. Team USA has been doing ten or less per day for a long time now .

Don't know if you've heard, but sometimes they have problems hitting anywhere within the entire country.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:05 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Don't know if you've heard, but sometimes they have problems hitting anywhere within the entire country.

You mean long-range cruise missiles?

What scares me is the nuclear ones. Only 3% or so of long-range cruise missiles go wrong and strike an innocent target far from where they are supposed to strike, but during the Cold War we had more than a thousand nuclear ALCMs on our B-52s.

Maybe if we got to the point where we were in a nuclear war things would already be so bad that it wouldn't matter, but the thought of accidentally nuking 20 to 30 unintended targets (including allied and neutral cities) is a bit unnerving.

In coming years we're going to be developing a new cruise missile which will become our sole strategic nuke for bombers (our new bomb is more tactical in nature). I'm hoping that it will be a shorter-range cruise missile. That will make it smaller and easier to slip past defenses, and if one goes wrong it will only have enough range to strike the general area where it was launched.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:09 pm
@oralloy,
Do we believe that the russians missed with 4? That would sure be bad for Putin.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Do we believe that the russians missed with 4? That would sure be bad for Putin.

I have no idea. I'm not really following the Russian attack beyond the general headlines in the news. But I know that no matter what we do to try to fix the problem, every time the US launches a flock of cruise missiles about 3% of them fly off in the wrong direction and hit the wrong target. The missiles aren't out of control either. The missile zeros right in on the wrong target as if it was striking the right target. And sometimes the wrong target is in the wrong country or even the wrong continent.

If we are only launching 100 conventional cruise missiles, the risk is manageable. But launching 1000 nuclear cruise missiles would likely turn out to be a problem.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:29 pm
@oralloy,
Putin has spent a ton of money on the military, money that he can not afford anymore, and he did an awesome management job doing it. Coming into Syria with shock and awe is the major test to date of what he bought, this is suppose to get him at the table as an equal with Europe and the USA. The military cant **** this up if Putin is going to win.

Surely you are bright enough to know this. Missing with 4 would be huge.
0 Replies