anyone else in here love that show?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,539 • Replies: 33
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 05:57 am
Well, I like it, can't say as I love it, but it's all right.
0 Replies

mrcool011

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 02:49 pm
its my favorite show, but its funny i hate scifi show, except that one.
0 Replies

danni-lee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:15 pm
Yay, i have been searching this forum for stargate sg1 related threads and i finally found one, i think my avatar gives it away. its the best show ever created for television, and i don't normally like sci fi either, i hate startrek and don't really like star wars much.
i like stargate so much because it combines my love for ancient mythology, the airforce (i have flown a small plane before, and was considering joining the nz airforce but our planes are outdated) and of course the science (aside from anything stargate related, im generally scientificaly retarded), and meeting people of other planets, come on you cant say that wouldnt be fun. stargate is just the most well done sci-fi show in history!!

ok im going to stop rambling now
0 Replies

danni-lee

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:18 pm
and as a side note, the scene the last quote of your signature refers to was insanely funny, Daniel makes an interesting drunk lol and you can just count on tea'lc saying something like that
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 07:56 am
I watch it
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:25 am
It's one of my favorites too, and like a few other previous posters I was never a big sci fi fan before. I'm sort of holding my breath to see what the changes of the summer season will bring with the storylines re: cast changes and additions.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:37 am
Is that the one taken from the Stargate film, with James Spader?

I watch bits of it every now and again.The guy that plays Spaders ole does a great impression of him.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:25 am
Hi Material Girl,
You are right--the TV series is based on the film, continuing on with the two major characters--Col. Jack O'Neill in the film played by actor Kurt Russell and in the television show, by Richard Dean Anderson (who was also a co-executive producer). The character of Dr. Daniel Jackson, that as you mentioned was played in the film by James Spader; is played by actor Michael Shanks in the TV series. The adventures of these two main characters continue after a bit from when the film left off, and the ensemble cast was expanded with both major and minor characters. At one point Mr. Shanks left the series and then returned. The TV series started on cable in the U.S., I think on Showtime, then went into syndication and is now on the SciFi Network--where I first started to watch it, although the episodes of the new seasons are still aired in syndication, as well as Sci Fi which I guess accounts of the general popularity of the show : )
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 02:43 pm
me too!
i love that show.
Have been lagging in watching it though. :-(
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
I just rented SG-1: Atlantis. Is this the same stargate series? I watched and loved the original show on cable (I think). Was there a movie too?
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 02:13 pm
Hi Little K!
Stargate Atlantis is a spin off of the Stargate SG-1 TV series, two of the producers have spun it off. It is also on the Sci Fi network right now, I'm not sure about other outlets. I think they released the premiere episode on DVD as a standalone movie. I vaguely recall recently seeing the promos for the DVD on Sci Fi on the nights they air the reruns of Stargate SG-1. When the Stargate Atlantis premiered on the Scifi network they did a lot of cross promotions with the original show and in general. In the little preview season clip show the producers said the concept for the Atlantis TV series was based on the concept/idea for the sequel to the original Stargate feature film. The feature film sequel never happened and actually there was a law suit over who came up with the original idea for the first feature movie. I like Stargate Atlantis as well, but not as much as the original TV show just yet. The actor though who plays the Major Sheppard character just cracks me up, I think because he really physically resembles this guy I went to high school with--and he was always making us laugh...
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:48 am
I've only watched the pilot, which I found ok. I must admit, though, that I've not often laughed as much as I did when someone in it said something like "It took us two years to MacGyver a solution for this one", with Richard Dean Anderson rolling his eyes. Smile
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:22 pm
Hi Derevon:
Yeah that was the Samantha Carter character the who is resident theoretical astrophysicist/air force oofficer-troubleshooting all their problems throughout the galaxy, et al. I guess they decided to get the requisite MacGyver reference right out of the way!
: )
0 Replies

C1eopatra

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 06:56 pm
The "new" season now has Ben Browder and Claudia Black (from FarScape). Great additions to a good show.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:53 pm
I used to not like it, mainly because I didn't watch it and based my opinion on how goofy the alien in the armour looked... But I've watched a couple of episodes and loved it. There was one with this barber that can see through the eyes of the Col.

"You don't find it odd that you had glimpses of a barber's life from time to time"?

"No, I actually found it quite relaxing"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:04 pm
Like it also but not sure if I'm sold on the new season yet.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:01 am
Yes lots of changes in this new season. Producers changing hands, several great actors joining the cast, including Beau Bridges. Not sure about these new story lines though...and this whole timing thing with R.D. Anderson finally leaving the show, and Ms. Tapping's temp. maternity leave. I just wish they would explain their characters' situations a little more fully right now--instead of just chugging on full steam ahead...but that's just me.

And I agree with previous poster Ray, that clip show last season with the guest actor Dan Cansella I think (his last name escapes me right now) but he is the voice of Homer on The Simpsons, as that barber--was just the best clip show I've ever seen.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:45 pm
I love that show, and watch it whenever I catch it! My favorite was the episode with Dom DeLouise as that being that was in their minds. So funny...

Anyway, my question is for anyone who also saw the movie. I didn't see the first season, so I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Daniel's "wife?" I remember he stayed on the planet to be with her, but she's not in the series. Did they ever say?
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:49 pm
Daniel's wife
Hi OperaGhost. The movie/pilot for the TV series picked up where the feature film left off. Daniel stayed with his wife Sha'uri on the planet (Abados), they plan to bury the gate and O'Neill went back to earth with the story that mission was completed, they set off the bomb and killed everyone, and that Earth was safe. Apparently he also added a cover story about Daniel being killed in the blast, to explain his not returning with them. The TV movie/pilot picks up from here.

The gate isn't being used, but is being guarded when another goa'uld named Apophis comes through it with his guards. They kill several people and kidnap a female solider back through the gate with them. O'Neill is called out of retirement, and at first tries to keep their cover story, until the Air Force is sending a bomb through the gate--which will kill everyone he left behind. So O'Neill stops them, and tells the truth about killing Rah, and how Daniel and the whole village they found is still alive. O'Neill then leads another mission to Abados, going after this enemy who came through the gate and to find out what happened. Instead of an enemy, he finds Daniel and the village.

Daniel tells them he unburied the gate and explains it was because he made a big discovery. He takes them to a temple where he had translated a cartouche saying the gate doesn't just go between Earth and Abados but to thousands of other planets complete with the gate addresses. Unfortunately, while they are away from the camp, this same goa'uld Apophis comes through the Abados gate and attacks with his troops. They take Daniel's wife Sha'uri. Daniel goes with O'Neill's team on a rescue mission where they are captured. They also learn Rah isn't the only goa'uld, but that they are now dealing with Apophis and many other goa'ulds who as symbiotes take humans to use as hosts.

When they see Daniel's wife Sha'uri again, she has already been taken as a host by Apophis's mate. Daniel then runs forward to volunteer to be a host, telling the Earth team at least he will be able to be with her on some level. Apophis's senior guard though named Teal'c overhears Daniel and shakes his head no, and O'Neill seizes on a connection there, because Teal'c was already asking questions about where they were from, their technology, etc. They stop Daniel, and with Teal'c's help they escape. Daniel then goes back with O'Neill and the team from Earth and begs to be allowed to join their team in order to search for his wife.

Eventually the Stargate program is started up to search for technology to protect Earth, and both Daniel and Teal'c join O'Neill on the team with Carter composing SG-1. Daniel reunites with Sha'uri at one point on Abados when she is pregnant with Apophis's child and the goa'uld is dormant because of the pregancy. After the child is born--she no longer has control any more of her mind/body--and leaves with Apophis. Later on, the symbiote/goa'uld inside Sha'uri is in the process of killing Daniel--when Sha'uri sends him a message during the pain that he must forgive Teal'c and stay on SG-1 and keep searching for the child. Teal'c rescues Daniel in time from death, by killing Sha'uri. Although Sha'uri and Daniel are able to say good-bye when the goa'uld/symbiote inside her dies; just before she herself passes away. Poor Daniel--it's been terrible--he lost her a few times over.
0 Replies