Good Morning A2K!

onevoice

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 09:16 pm
@ Izzy. Nice. Mock if you must my friend. It doesn't change the truth. Wink

Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all!

I have decided to share one of my favorite poems, written by Robert Frost tonight. I discovered this one when I was 16 and have loved it since the first time I read it. Smile

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 11:49 pm
@onevoice,
You're touchy today. I just posted a song by a decent band and a screen shot of a computer game in which your song was featured.

You need to have a word with yourself.
onevoice

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
You know, it's funny you picked up on that Izzy. I honestly didn't realize it until this morning when I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had a mini melt down. I apologize. It really had nothing to do with you. Just family bull crap. *sigh*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all get a chance to enjoy some sunshine today. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 07:03 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all. Smile

Love this song. Gotta lotta road ragers where I drive. This song always puts a smile on my face. I do miss those ocean sunsets!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 06:49 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope y'all had a great night's sleep. Smile It is a beautifully snowy day Sunday here! Lol Anyway, I hope y'all find some beauty today. Something that makes you smile and laugh. Laughter is medicine for the soul.

I was looking through youtube at the Zac Brown Band"s music. Didn't realize how much I was missing just listening to the radio I guess. I came across this little gem. Smile I hope you like it too. Smile Have a great day everyone!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 07:53 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all. Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I love this Michael Card song! One of my favorites on the Christian side of things. Smile

timur

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 04:36 pm
@onevoice,
I was thinking this might not interest you:

Losing my religion: life after extreme belief
onevoice

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 09:48 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope y'all have a great day today! The sunshine is back and I am planning on enjoying every minute of it! Very Happy

Well Hello Timur! So nice to see you! Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This one... Is over the top... Lol Yet one of my favorite praise songs ever!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 09:29 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Smile

Back to John Denver... Lol

A little story behind this song...

I was 11 years old and being that I was the only girl my age in the "plat" (is that what it's called still? Probably not... Lol) I lived in, I was playing with one of the few boys my age. We got into all kinds of trouble sometimes... Not like today's trouble... I'm talking throwing a dodgeball at a bees nest until it made them all so mad they started chasing us kinda trouble... Lol I swear I have never run that fast again in my life! However... I did not get one single bee sting! Very Happy

This might have even been that day... Just prior to that... Hehe I just remember that we were bored, and looking for something to do. He had to go inside to use the bathroom. I was standing outside his house on this lovely spring day, listening to all the birds singing, enjoying the sunshine and that light breeze that was blowing my hair to and fro. I couldn't smell or I might have taken a deep breath at that point. Seems like the perfect opportunity... Lol

Anyway, so I start humming this song. I have to say... It was truly John Denver's music that awakened the dreamer in me. I still have every intention of experiencing that Rocky Mountain high and those Shanghai Breezes for myself. Smile When and how... I have no clue... But they are on the bucket list... Smile

The problem with me is... I have, as long as I can remember, almost always been "carried away" in a sense by music. It's hard to explain really. So, getting lost in this song while humming it I suddenly burst out... Full ON with the chorus... Right outside his bathroom window... Which was open... Lol All I hear is, "Oh my God... Would you SHUT UP please?!"

Have a good night y'all. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:17 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope y'all are having a great day! Smile

I haven't had a video to share in a while because I seem to be stuck in a little rut with Michael Card and John Denver for now. Lol Not sure why.. But whatever. So this video... This one is mine. I made it a year ago in a last ditch effort to save our Rescue. After sharing what I did yesterday it brought a lot of memories flooding back. This video was hard to watch again... In the shadow of our failure... And my failure to keep the promise I made to all those horses.

This song was... and still very much is, my heart though. I haven't given up on the dream... But I do wonder some days if perhaps I missed my chance on that one... Hard to reconcile that possibility, honestly. But life is what it is... We can only take it one day at a time, do our best, and see what happens. Smile It's never really ALL bad. Oh... And all the pictures in the video are ones I have taken over the years. Smile

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:18 pm
@timur,
I was interested and I read it. Thanks for posting the link, Timur. You should use it to start a new topic.

I'm very saddened by the negative experiences of the three young persons whose testimony is featured in the article.

Of course, to say that the so-called Westboro Baptist Church and other such cults represent all believers is like saying the Ku Klux Klan represents all whites.
timur

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 01:56 pm
@wmwcjr,
I never made such comparison which would have been ludicrous.

I'm tolerant of the faith and beliefs of everybody as long as they don't wear it as a badge of "betterness" or try to shove their religion down other people's throats.

I don't start topics as I'm not a regular enough poster to follow up.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 02:54 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I never made such comparison which would have been ludicrous.

I beg your pardon, then.

Quote:
I'm tolerant of the faith and beliefs of everybody as long as they don't wear it as a badge of "betterness" or try to shove their religion down other people's throats.

I don't believe I'm "better" than others simply because I'm a Christian. Indeed, since the time I became one, I've become even more aware of my own shortcomings. I've made too many mistakes in my life (of a moral or non-moral nature) to look down on others. (Of course, I object to actions that hurt others.)

Quote:
I don't start topics as I'm not a regular enough poster to follow up.

Understood. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 08:16 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure where this one falls on the "christiany" side of things. It has been running through my head since yesterday... Lol It has been on my mind off and on for a month or so now. Another of my Bette Midler favorites. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 04:49 pm
I have yet to decide if discovering this song right now was the best or worst timing ever... Being humble and kind is the last thing I feel like doing right now. But man... This is truly a good one.

Oh... BTW

Good Evening A2K! I hope y'all are having a good week. Smile Lot's going on so posting is here and there, but I still wish y'all a good day... Even when I am not physically here to do so. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 07:24 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Smile

I attempted to post this once... So if it's there twice at some point... Sorry...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is a dusy... If that's how you spell that... Lol

It's hard to believe nine years ago today I lost my hero. I miss you Daddy. Every day I miss you.

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 06:52 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope y'all are having a great Friday. Smile

Love this poem. I took the pic about two years ago... Maybe three... Lol Smile

Nothing Gold Can Stay- Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Robert Frost

https://en.gravatar.com/userimage/94957534/8beadd4d802d1cf2d51e48a9546e7f5f.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone!
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 02:58 pm
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all are having a great week! Smile I was browsing the radio stations when I got out of work today and came across this one. I love it when I stumble upon a temporarily forgotten favorite! Very Happy

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 01:59 pm
Good Day A2K! I hope y'all are having a great week! This is my wish for you today. Very Happy

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 03:03 pm
Good Day A2K! I hope y'all are having a good week! Smile

This here is some good... foot stomping music! Very Happy And will also be the only map I give out to find me if or when I eventually go off the grid. Bwaaaaaahahaha!

Have a wonderful day!

0 Replies