mikeymojo

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:15 pm
@neologist,
I'm not arguing about what a God's day is. I'm arguing that what is was created by God, as scripture states. Which we don't really know and scientists strive to find without using scripture. Also the fact that you use creative day kinda kills your point..
neologist

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm
@mikeymojo,
I can see we are not on the same page.
mikeymojo

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:06 pm
@neologist,
We haven't been on the same page since you posted this whopper:

"I am a card carrying Bible thumping believer and I would not begin to speculate on how the universe came to be, what order , how long ago, etc. None of that information is revealed in any scripture I know of"

Then you go on to give me genesis 1:1,2 which states that God created the heavens and the earth, a position you obviously take. Looks like the information of God creating (how the universe came to be) does in fact appear in scripture after all.
nacredambition

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:22 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
If science does not call the universe and all its contents a "creation" what does it call it?

Quote:
I am here to find out if there is an answer to my question or not.

Hello and welcome to Able2Know onevoice.

There is an answer to your question.

Science is the tool that sentient beings use to describe the cosmos.

Roget's thesaurus contains synonyms for "universe" but "creation" is not one of them.

Do you have any other lexicological questions?
Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:48 am
@onevoice,
You're not going to get rid of me that easy. You're a hateful holy roller who could not explain his question (which was a disconnect from the title) without slurs against atheists. That's why i call you hateful. The fact that you cannot separate science and atheists in your mind is the evidence that you are a holy roller. Get over it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:52 am
@snood,
It just kills ya that you couldn't assert your moral superiority, doesn't it snoody? You've been attacking for years and years, long before our dispute by private messages. I think it's hilarious that you're now joining in the "clique" bullshit. What was going on when you and Intrepid used to follow me around to make personal attacks?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:53 am
All right! Bitch fight among the holy rollers.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:45 am
@maxdancona,
Max, I do understand the delema with his apparent ignorance and bullying. I sympathize with the position that puts you in personally. I do understand that they are personal attacks, and that's just fine. All he is really doing is showing his own ignorance and hard heart to the world. And apparently that is a very easy switch to flip for him! My oh my. I have yet to see a "them", and offer everyone my respect until they give me a reason to take it away.

Believe me, he lost my respect almost before he even had it. I cannot take anything he says seriously at this point. However, that does not give me, you or anyone else the right to be disrespectful. . Let me share a little personal insight with you. When things like this happen in life we have three choices. Respond, React, and or ignore.

Reacting will get you nothing more that further sucked into whatever little game he is playing here. Believe me, he loves that. But if you just respond or ignore, it takes the power of control he is trying to gain by manipulating you emotionally away from him. Just let it go. Walk away. He's some guy, hiding behind his computer calling you names. Bet he wouldn't have the balls to say even half that stuff in person. For all we know he's some midget, sitting on his cushions, peering angrily at his computer screen, trying to prove to the world he doesn't have short mans syndrome.

Not saying he is, but considering that sure makes me laugh and then I move on. It is not worth the time or energy you are even spending on being upset about it. As far as I am concerned treating anyone this way is wrong. Period. But its his loss, not mine. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:10 am
@rosborne979,
Really?
Unknown:
adjective
1. not known or familiar
noun
1. an unknown person or thing.

I see no reference to knowledge in there anywhere. However, I actually lost some sleep over this one. I am having a difficult time wrapping my brain around it all. I am trying though. I do get now that nothing can actually be something... In the context of being unknown. Which raises a few more questions. I am still trying to process it all though. So please be patient with me.
onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:13 am
@mikeymojo,
Nicely said Mikey!
mikeymojo

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:49 am
@onevoice,
Thank you onevoice
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:04 am
@nacredambition,
Thank you for warm welcome nacred.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:56 am
@mikeymojo,
Quote:
scientists can at least acknowledge that they don't really know how the universe came into being, hence they don't make definitive claims until they have empirical and experimentive evidence to support their claims.

Not literally true. Stephen Hawking was recently quoted in an interview saying:

"The universe is perfectly capable of creating itself from nothing."

I wondered what the bible could mean when it said "Wise men shall become as fools" until I heard that.

When it comes to the bleeding edge of understanding, scientists are as adept at making fools of themselves as those in religion.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:46 am
Leadfoot, I think that Hawking is the wise man, and you are the fool.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Stephen Hawking was recently quoted in an interview saying:
"The universe is perfectly capable of creating itself from nothing."

And where is the evidence he presented to back that up?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:53 am
@mikeymojo,
mikeymojo wrote:
We haven't been on the same page since you posted this whopper:

"I am a card carrying Bible thumping believer and I would not begin to speculate on how the universe came to be, what order , how long ago, etc. None of that information is revealed in any scripture I know of"

Then you go on to give me genesis 1:1,2 which states that God created the heavens and the earth, a position you obviously take. Looks like the information of God creating (how the universe came to be) does in fact appear in scripture after all.
Is that it!?
I see no difference in the assertion that the universe was created vs the idea that it developed.
It's here.
It was worthy of only a few lines of scripture.
I was not involved in it.
It took a long while to get to the point of supporting life and has no direct bearing on our current state of affairs. (That I know of)
DarkCrow

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:02 am
@onevoice,
"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:45 am
@neologist,
Neo..are you always hypocritical toward the scripture you claim to believe in or just when you have no logical arguments?

Ok so just because the words God created the heavens and the world only shows up in a few lines of scripture doesn't take away from the fact that those words are...still contained in scripture. If God created something then that something CAME TO BE from God creating, in this case the universe. We both know I wasn't implying that humanities problems came to be from God as that wasn't the context of the OP. I would never imply that humanities problems came to be from God, I don't even believe that God exists.

neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:53 am
@mikeymojo,
Apparently the intent of my former post was not clear.
Mea culpa
mikeymojo

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:19 am
@neologist,
No worries, IMO it is much easier to clarify intent speaking rather than writing/typing.
0 Replies