Sequels they just HAVE to make

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 06:39 am
"The Golden Compass" needs parts 2 and 3.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 970 • Replies: 4
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 07:52 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
lots of films deserve sequels, but if the first film doesn't make enough money, it's not going to happen

i agree with the Pullman books, but i don't hold much hope, i would like to see a continuation of an Australian series that started with the film Tomorrow, When The War Began, but i doubt it will happen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow,_When_the_War_Began_(film)

oralloy

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:09 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:
"The Golden Compass" needs parts 2 and 3.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. A billion times, NO!

Egads!

We want reasonably happy endings to our movies, not endless black holes of misery that are equivalent to a kick in the balls repeated every second.

As I recall, even the first movie concluded before they got to the ending of the first book, simply for the expediency of making the movie an enjoyable experience.

That said, if anyone enjoyed the ending of Madame Butterfly and Romeo and Juliet (or the parts of Dr. Who where Rose Tyler or the Ponds get forever separated from the Doctor), and you'd like to have that sort of experience over and over again throughout an entire movie, have at it.

I certainly won't be watching though.

Why doesn't a2k have a general frown emote? Sometimes I want to convey a frown without also conveying sadness or anger.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:18 pm

Here you go:

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/03/the_next_game_of_thrones_is_coming_phillip_pullmans_epic_fantasy_series_his_dark_materials_is_a_natural_fit_for_tv/

Have fun with all the miserable unhappy endings. Neutral
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 01:36 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i agree with the Pullman books, but i don't hold much hope,

Apparently Golden Compass 1 was a pile of crap, so you can't really move on from there, but there is some good news.

Quote:
The BBC is to turn Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy into a TV series, giving both existing fans and a new generation the chance to experience the tale of parallel universes, Daemons and armoured polar bears.

Pullman has given his blessing to the project, and is helping recruit a writer to produce a faithful adaptation of the novels, which centre on a girl called Lyra living in a parallel version of Oxford.

Producers have promised to sound “every note” in the much-loved trilogy and stay true to the source material.

Pullman said the many adaptations of the books on screen, radio and stage had been a “constant source of pleasure” but shows such as Game of Thrones and the Wire had shown that TV had the capacity to reach “depths of characterisation and heights of suspense by taking the time for events to make their proper impact and for consequences to unravel”.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/03/bbcs-his-dark-materials-philip-pullman
0 Replies