What do want from Israel ?!

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:33 am
As you can all see in my profile, I am from Israel.
I am honestly cannot understand what do you argue against Israel and/or against Jews?
Reading this forum and its competitors has brought me to the conclusion that rewritten historical "facts" and false information on current events (a good place to start understanding current events would be at http://www.debka.com/index.php ) made people announce some absurd notifications.
If you can kindly write one argue at a time (please be kind and summarize your argue, cause although I like to actively participate in the debate, I do work 13 hours a day…), I would glade to answer.

My mother tongue in Hebrew so sorry for any misspelled words Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,794 • Replies: 83
No top replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 03:50 am
Welcome to A2K ltabib, and don't worry about spelling.

What can I say, you honestly can't understand one thing, and on the other hand, I honestly can't understand intelligent person that supports Israel actions.
That has nothing to do with Jews by the way.
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:16 am
What ?
Do have something specific to say?
Do you have any constructive argue?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:31 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:

That has nothing to do with Jews by the way.

absolutely

so what would be if the palestinians build the wall on israeli area, because they want to protect her houses? You may be remember: Israeli bulldozer destroy and to blast civil housesa few weeks ago in the gaza strip. thousands of people lost their home.
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:46 am
Well...
It is not!!! Palestinian's land.
12 houses have been demolished at that specific incident.
There are no thousands of people that lost their home in Gaza.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 05:13 am
It is Palestinian land, and Israel is pure occupier and nothing else.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 05:32 am
Re: Well...
ltabib wrote:
It is not!!! Palestinian's land.

12 houses have been demolished at that specific incident.
There are no thousands of people that lost their home in Gaza.

It is Palestinian's land !
In this operation maybe some hundreds,but in total there are many thousands.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 07:45 am
Re: What do want from Israel ?!
ltabib wrote:
As you can all see in my profile, I am from Israel.
I am honestly cannot understand what do you argue against Israel and/or against Jews?
Reading this forum and its competitors has brought me to the conclusion that rewritten historical "facts" and false information on current events (a good place to start understanding current events would be at http://www.debka.com/index.php ) made people announce some absurd notifications.
If you can kindly write one argue at a time (please be kind and summarize your argue, cause although I like to actively participate in the debate, I do work 13 hours a day…), I would glade to answer.

My mother tongue in Hebrew so sorry for any misspelled words Confused

Hey Itabib,
Ma shlemcha? And that just about does it for my transliterated Hebrew.
I appreciate your frustration at the uniformed position that most people have against Israel and the Jews.
The problem is the old saying "don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind."
It is easy to prove that Israel is not "the villain" in this dispute with Palestinians and the Arab world at large, but most people do not want to learn that.
And, people only go after what they want.
Most people would rather stick with pre-conceptions and misinformation that supports what they want to believe than study the facts and change their mind.
That is human nature.
You can easily prove this by reading Thok's assertation:
Quote:

You informed him that it was twelve houses. He insists it is hundreds of houses because he is wired to believe that Israel must be wrong.
He will not change and no fact will ever penetrate.

Oddly enough, the United States is also a victim of this "don't confuse me with facts philosophy."
The new "politically correct" philosophy of nations and power is:
Good and Evil are not real. Right and Wrong do not matter.
What matters is who is Strong and who is Weak.
In this philosophy, Strong = Bad and Weak = Good. Therefore if you are Weak, you must be Good and if you are Strong, you must be Bad.
It is a bizarre philosophy, but this dementia has swept the world and millions upon millions believe it.
Therefore, when Israel and / or the Jews were Weak, they were "Good." Now that Israel is "Strong," they are "Bad."
There are other variations of this philosophy such as "Victimhood" which says that "the bad things that I do are the result of me being a victim of someone or something else. It's not my fault."
This then leads to the philosophy of "What have done to make this (bad) person or group of people treat us this way."
Anyway, it just gets sicker and sicker, but it is the path of least resistance and it does not require thinking.
Oy.

The only bright spot is that Death concentrates the mind most wonderfully.
There are also millions of people who have been able to connect the dots between rabid, murdering, death worshipping, suicides who decided to die slaughtering thousands of Americans by flying jets into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon and murdering other Americans in Pennsylvania, and the same sort of Palestinian homicide bombers who enjoy the same sort of death cult.
These people are not as vocal as some who might write on forum boards, but they are out there. And, they are growing with each new atrocity.
It becomes harder to ignore evil when you are a potential target of that evil.

Kol Tuv
Smile
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:03 am
Re: What do want from Israel ?!
Moishe3rd wrote:

You can easily prove this by reading Thok's assertation:
Quote:

You informed him that it was twelve houses. He insists it is hundreds of houses because he is wired to believe that Israel must be wrong.
He will not change and no fact will ever penetrate.

Nope. I meant that in this operation about hundreds of people (not houses destroyed) lost their homes
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:29 am
1. Those lands (Gaza and Shomron) have been occupied from Jordan/Egypt (during a war that they started in 1967).
2. Those lands are not continues territory. If you what to go from Gaza to the Shomron you would have to walk through a lot of Israel's "before 1967" lands)
3. Egypt gave up Gaza in 1982 as part of our peace agreement.
4. Jordan gave up Shomron in 1988 as part of our peace agreement.
5. The closest entity to what you call Palestinian's land is the great nation Jordan. They have 80% Palestinians but they have a King which isn't Palestinian (doe he married a Palestinian wife).
6. There was never a nation group called "Palestinians". For that meter you may call me a Palestinian just as well. The term "Palestinians" has been stamped by the UN as part of the Arab nation's efforts to "liberate Arab Lands" by grouping the refuges from the 1676 and 1948 wars to a nation.
7. Way do you keep consider the 1976 border? Way not 1948? ? Maybe we should go back to Europe / Africa / Asia / America / Russia (our before 1948 status as a minority in other countries)? Maybe we should go back to the place that we came from before our status as minority … I forgot, that place is Israel.
8. Do you know that Israel was our land long before Jesus and Muhammad, Before USA took Indian's land and found the US of A and before Germany became one nation?
9. In the discussed operation only 12 houses has been demolished = less them 100 refuges. We also demolish houses of terrorist on a regular bases (the guys that blow buses, hotel. The guys that been paid by your friends the Saudi Arabians, Iranians, Syrians, Yamans and a little portion of the money is paid by GB USA and the European community. The guys that Israel gave them guns in 1993 to fight terror.).
10. I do not suppose that talking about houses being demolished will get us anywhere. I might as well talk about the actual terrorist attacks (suicide bombers and missiles toward civilian population) that are made by Pales' Authority it self (the dictatorship of Yaser Arafat).
Let's go down to the root of the problem.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:37 am
Now, don't get too overemotional Itabib :wink:
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:46 am
Hebrew lesson
Let's take our first Hebrew lesson.
"Kol Tuv" = "All Good" in Hebrew.
"Maa' salame'" = "Peace On You" in Arabic
"Ma shlomcha" = "How Are You" in Hebrew.
"Ma shlemcha" = not an Hebrew nor Arabic phrase.
Laughing
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:47 am
alright
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=22
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:50 am
Itabib wrote:

Maybe Yiddish? :wink:
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:53 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Itabib wrote:

Maybe Yiddish? :wink:

"Was machst du?" = Hello
"Sei gesund" = Goodbye

That´s all what I can from Yiddish.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:04 am
Oy!
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
Re: Hebrew lesson
ltabib wrote:
Let's take our first Hebrew lesson.
"Kol Tuv" = "All Good" in Hebrew.
"Maa' salame'" = "Peace On You" in Arabic
"Ma shlomcha" = "How Are You" in Hebrew.
Laughing

Okay. In American Jewish Yeshivaspeak, Kol tuv means the same "Zei gezunt" which we transate as "Be well."
So I mispelled the English (Litvak accent yeshivaspeak) shlomcha. It has slid into the shlem here in the U.S. Smile
Zei gezunt :wink:
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
Main issue
Let's go back to our main issue.
Let set a rule for a few weeks: Every news event that you see on the TV or read in the paper about Israel - check what Debka has to say about it.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:19 am
today is a session from the general assembly about the wall.
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
There are more links
Alittle religious guys -
English version: http://www.israelnn.com/
French version: http://www.israelnn.com/

Alittle Bayest to the Palas' side -
http://www.haaretz.com/
0 Replies