CIRQUE DE SOLEIL: Have you seen it live?

mac11

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 01:08 am
Have you ever seen a live performance by Cirque de Soleil? I've wanted to see them for years, but haven't had the chance. Lately there's been so much of it on Bravo (cable TV channel) that I'm wondering if I've seen enough. What do you think - is it really great live? Is it worth the hefty ticket price?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,922 • Replies: 10
No top replies

margo

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 02:28 am
I saw it live in Sydney a couple of years ago, and just loved it! It's so much more sensational, being there. Atmosphere just doesn't come across on television.

Sure it's expensive, but it's a trade off. You just need to decide what's important.

It's (almost) always better being there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 09:34 am
Saw them live, have a video, have at least one soundtrack, would pay quite a bit to see them again. I love live performance to begin with, but Cirque is simply extraordinary. I could literally go on and on and on, and i'd still not be able to explain to you why ... what ... how ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:15 am
I agree, that show live is unbelieveable! Worth the ticket price.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 12:50 pm
I have.

I saw "Dralion", IMHO the best of the touring productions, in Philly in October of 2001.

They're well worth the price as you get to see what I believe are some of the most finely conditioned athletes/perfomers in the world perform feats that make you question that you saw what you saw.

Also, Bravo is now running a reality show called "The Fire Inside" that looks at the development of Viraki(sp), the newest touring production.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 12:54 pm
Oh yeah, the different shows. How to pick the best? Gotta see them all!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:44 pm
Thanks for the input everyone! I won't give up then; I'll just have to see them live one of these days. God knows I've paid exorbitant prices for less likely performances...

I've seen some of The Fire Inside. It's great to see how they train and put together the routines.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:46 pm
I've seen it twice and it was most spectacular and wonderful and, dare I say, oddly sensual. It's truly a magnificent show. Go!
0 Replies

dable

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 11:22 am
I agree with everyone. Saw them in Boston 5-6 years ago, what a show. I know they have a funky schedule as they perform in cities on a periodic basis. Does anyone know how the schedule works?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 11:48 am
Here's a link to : Cirque de Soleil - Upcoming Tour Schedule. (And look, they're coming to Houston in March! I better get on that...)

I know they have permanent/ongoing performances in various locations. Las Vegas, Biloxi, and Disneyworld are the ones I'm aware of - and I'm sure there are others.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 12:16 am
Tapes of Cirque are great. But , as for anything meant for live performance,
it's just not as awesome.
0 Replies