Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 03:29 am
@neologist,
Oh He is Holy. The Holy Spirit teaches us with the verses. By quoting them.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

The Holy Spirit is not allowed to speak to us any other way.

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

This Holy Spirit the one that only quotes verses is the only guarantee of salvation in the whole bible.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

The Holy Spirit brings us the wisdom from above. And He will never work on us through our feelings.

James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Oh He is Holy. The Holy Spirit teaches us with the verses. By quoting them.
I have no doubt the holy spirit is holy. But the entity which has been directing you is not the holy spirit.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 11:05 pm
You all can't even get your JW dogma straight.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 05:24 am
@neologist,
lol I have been following the Holy Spirit for 40 years. And not once has He ever been wrong. If I listen to Him everything works out. If I don't listen to Him everything falls apart. I'm not speaking from hearsay, I'm speaking from experience. So now ask yourself. Has everything in your life worked out for the past 40 years??? And your not following Him.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 05:24 am
@InfraBlue,
What is JW dogma?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:20 am
@Squeakybro,
I admit that the personal pronoun 'He' could imply personhood but if you look at the verses you quoted, the implication is that the Holy Spirit represents God's will made manifest to man. I will not pretend to know the mechanism by which that happens but the intimacy of its touch is so profoundly personal that I can understand why John would call it 'He'.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:59 am
@Leadfoot,
I understand where your coming from. I was there once. It takes experience to know. And I have had that experience for 40 years now. I cant witness about what others should do or do. But I can witness about what I have done and learned. And telling the truth is a big requirement of keeping in contact with the Holy Spirit.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:23 am
@Leadfoot,
Greek grammar applies personal identification to nouns. This is still common to many modern languages and is similar to our referring to a boat as 'she'.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:25 am
@InfraBlue,
Why don't you take this moment to explain 'JW dogma' to all of us?
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:36 am
@Squeakybro,
The dogma of the Jehovah's Witnesses, of course.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:38 am
@neologist,
You're interaction with Squeakybro is explanative enough.
neologist

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:57 am
@InfraBlue,
Well that sets it straight. What a relief.
Thank you for your erudition.

Too early for beer. But I'll remember you tonight. Perhaps with pizza.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:09 am
@InfraBlue,
Are you JW?
neologist

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 11:28 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Re: InfraBlue
Are you JW?
His use of the word dogma indicates that he is man's best friend.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 01:50 pm
@neologist,
I'm just trying to find out who he is. And does he want to talk?
neologist

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:05 pm
@Squeakybro,
Blue is an extremely bright individual. He generally posts well considered responses. I believe he may have a relative who is a JW.

But often his posts seem to have originated from the orbit of Jupiter. Dogma, for example, implies unchanging and incontrovertible doctrine. But JWs have often re evaluated their beliefs, having at one time revered the cross, for example.

What else should one be expected to do when new understanding challenges a mistaken belief?

So, ARF! Blue.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:24 pm
@neologist,
You're reading a lot into the word "dogma."

Apparently, the word of God isn't as easily understood as you would have us believe.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:39 pm
@Squeakybro,
I spent a lot of time talking to JW's during my late adolescent years.

For a while there, you all had me convinced about the soundness of your theology.

But then I studied the history of the Church at university level and more critical approaches to reading the Bible, and realized that your theology is kept together by faith and a lot of question begging, among other things.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 04:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
I am not and never have been affiliated with a denomination. My calling and walk would be more like Pauls was. Alone.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 04:58 pm
@neologist,
lol Ok what is ARF?