A God That Makes Sense?

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:15 am
@GodisGay,
Ah . . . that was hilarious.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:26 am
@Setanta,
If you want the Comedy channel then look no further than Comedy Central. If you are here to repent and wish your stupidness cleared then i can help. Dog is God. Basically when you walk down the street to day or if you are a recluse whenever and spot a dog, say hi. Kneel down before him and repent and he will bark at you telling you in riddles that you are forgiven.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:33 am
Still no answers to the questions i have imposed? Fairly simple but testing questions really. All you have to do, is close your eyes and go in a yoga stance for a few. That will bring your subconscious to the forefront of your mind. Then you will be ready to speak the truth. You will be pleasantly surprised of the answers you will give. You will then come to conclusions that indeed in your 9% stupid lifetime you prayed more for not letting anything bad happen to you than praying your thank yous to him. Once you realise this slowly that 9% becomes 8% in this world then 7% etc.. because you realise you only created a God to feel safe rather than actually praying to him because you respect him fully. Simples.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:01 am
@GodisGay,
Next time you go into your yoga trance mode, I suggest you focus on words like 'truth' and 'existence' . You might come to the conclusion reached by philosophers that these words have no absolute meaning. Indeed to advocate absolutism of any sort is tantamount to a religious claim ! Mr. Green

BTW. As a fellow atheist I can assure you that the phrase 'only science exists' is meaningless. Perhaps the phrase 'the methods of science seek to establish universal consensus about what is the case ' would have been more appropriate.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:08 am
@fresco,
Philosophers have reached conclusions? Please, tell me there names so i can speak to them. If you yourself are a philosopher then you are in the 4% stupidity category because we only know 4% of the world. You can not question me because i only speak the truth. You know jack about what life is about because you only read and do not experiment with clean hard facts. It is good you are a non believer I am relieved but i doesn't mean you are still not stupid. Just in another category of stupidness.
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:10 am
@GodisGay,
You have imposed nothing on me, and you've asked me no questions. Let me ask you a few, with your hilarious bullshit. Who appointed you the master of language, entitled to unilaterally define words such as perfect? When you say scientists say that 98% of "intelligent" people don't believe in god, you open quite a can of worms. Which scientists say that--what are their names? How did they determine that? Did they do a study? What was their methodology? What metric did they apply to determine "intelligence?"

Don't talk to me about "stupidness" (I swear to Dog, you really crack me up), because you take the cake. I'm what people usually call an atheists, and clowns like you are an embarrassment to us all.
fresco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:15 am
@GodisGay,
I try not to pursue conversations with the intellectually challenged .
I will merely suggest you attempt to read Richard Rorty 'Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature' for a relatively balanced view which is itself iconoclastic to traditional philosphical analysis.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:15 am
@Setanta,
Hmm yes of course Gaylord. I can give you a very respected paper called The Telegraph which claims this also. I can give you names no problem but only one problem with that is what would you do with those names? Just like if i told you today let's meet God in person and you walked up to him what would you do? That rate has increased now to 98% when it suggested 93%.
Here it is Gaylord and please do not insult my intelligence. You are still searching for answers and I know all that you need to know.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2111174/Intelligent-people-less-likely-to-believe-in-God.html
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:16 am
@fresco,
And Richard roars to glory because he knows all the answers of the universe? Interesting it is a must buy!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:22 am
@GodisGay,
Insult your intelligence? You'd have to possess some intelligence in order for someone to insult it. Your source does not anywhere state that 98% of intelligent people do not believe in god. The article refers to IQ, a highly dubious means of measuring intelligence. It refers to a so-called study, but does not describe the methodology. All of this is hilarious coming from someone who coins a word such as stupidness because he apparently has never heard the word stupidity.

What a great braying jackass.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:25 am
@GodisGay,
Since you are an atheist i some questions for you. Try not to be chicken because i know you were shocked to get that link i sent thinking i was calling a bluff. Like i said i am here to help stupid people like you see things in life that have truths and meanings. Yet you believe everything that you read in papers or articles where only 4% is known. What gives you the assumption i do not know more than 4%. I certainly know more than you and i am willing to speak to you all day, week, year and till we die on the Q&A Forum if i can save you from being the jack of all **** that you are.

So...

Q1. Did you come first in Uni and passed with the highest score?
Q2. Have you got married and never had an argument with your wife?
Q3. What is your profession and has your profession fully satisfied all the answers you need from life?

Simple questions really, just go into a trance like yoga...wait you don't need to do that, it's for God believers only. Should be more easy for you my son Smile
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:27 am
@Setanta,
It was one article to suggest reading and i also stated it had increased. Also you still don't answer my questions what would you do after i answered yours. Why? Because you are one of those cowards who hide behind doors when the going gets tough and try to become a hero to save the day when you are anything but. Just a tiny maggot that will be eaten up quiet easily as swatting a fly Very Happy
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:36 am
@GodisGay,
Your use of the English language sucks. That you state something is not evidence that it is true. Your performance here leads me to conclude that you are not in the least intelligent. Your use of the term Gaylord suggests to me that not only are you a bigot who hates theists, but that you hate homosexuals, too. The use of what are called emoticons is puerile. Given that you seem not to have taken the trouble to read and understand, I will point out once again that i am an atheist. Clowns like you only serve to bring atheists into disrepute.
GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:40 am
@Setanta,
Well there you go. Thanks for the answer. 5 questions you did not answer from me. I have responded to your question by giving an example article. I have responded by saying i can give you names? What have you done? Talk drivel because you are under pressure. I wonder why, are those questions that tough for you? Are you expecting a big counter attack from me when you answer them because you expect it. I am right of course. What stupid person could ever answer questions when they know it would be the killing of them live and exclusive here on the forum. Very weak counter attack about the english. Like the stock market you try to buy long only for it to end with a big bear because we sell on short uptrends. Don't be embarrassed you can answer them because i already know the answers Mr Lord of the Gays Razz

Now i must go out. I will be back eventually later today hoping those 5 questions are answered before you try counter with drivel that has no meaning. Enough time for a stupid person even..
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:41 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
...don't you think the god could leave us a message that is clear enough so that we don't have to search for it...or wonder if it actually is a message?

Attempting to posit a God that makes sense again:

Let's say you wanted to create beings with free will that you eventually planed to give powers equal to your own. Before you hand them a 'loaded gun' like that, wouldn't you want to make damn sure they could be trusted with it? To do that you might want to observe them without any coercion whatsoever. Even knowing for sure that you were watching would bias things too much. Better still if they don't know for sure you even exist.

So you are saying that if a god (a personal god) exists...it might not want to let us know it exists.

Fine.

That does not impact on what I said about a hypothetical god that would want us to know...the kind Neo was talking about.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:45 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

None of us exist as integrated self sufficient entities Think about that next time you find that committee of voices you call 'self' is having a debate, or asking the question 'now why did 'I' do that. Notice how the transient 'I' of the moment acts as function of contextual expediency.

Ah but all this takes courage to suspend our vested interest in the myth of 'self integrity'. It has nothing to do with 'politics' unless it mirrors the facile statements of politicians who might actually have us believe in their own integrity.

That 'fresco the atheist' has 'existence' relative to this thread. It has no permant function and is merely evoked by contexts in which it is moved to put 'believers' straight ! But how many of us are willing to do a bit of honest self observation ?

Think about it !

This is a perfect example of atheism as a belief system. Thanks for offering it, Fresco.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:27 am
@GodisGay,
There's no way in hell that i'm going to answer your questions. Tell me, though, when you say The Telegraph is a respectful newspaper, does that mean they speak nicely to people? Does that mean that they speak deferentially to the elderly? Does that mean they always say please and thank you, and yes sir, yes sir, three bags full? You really crack me up.

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 04:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Why would an an all powerful God care about any physical act that we do?

I find it easier to think of it as a kingdom. A kingdom has a king, a domain and subjects, under a law written or adapted by the king to ascribe a way of living upon his subjects. The way I see it, sin is in essence anything that could be detrimental to self or society in line with Gods ascribed way of life.

0 Replies

GodisGay

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 06:39 am
@Setanta,
And of course as expected a normal person like Setana speaks and can not answer the questions because they are good and honest. A coward and a chicken does not allow you to be talking to me because you are beneath me.

Good Luck
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 07:05 am
@fresco,
Quote:

We love thinking in terms of 'causes' but the word has no philosophical basis (Hume).Nor is the concept of cause required to explain the emergence of what we call 'life' since it is known that 'structures' emerge naturally in dynamic system 'far from equilibrium (Prigogine....Chaos Theory).

Still bored ? Smile

Ah, the old eddies in the stream thing. Yeah, as long as heat flows from hotter to colder there will be eddies, so called order out of chaos. But it still fails to explain 'us'. We are an eddy so far removed from every other example in the universe which can be explained by the application of of very simple rules.

Have you ever designed and built anything of significant complexity? once in awhile a lucky accident happens and you get something unexpected but complicated things don't happen like that. The order required for something like a computer or operating system software fights you all the way. One bad part or miswire or missing comma in the code and it fails. If it breaks, it never fixes itself. Only we are an exception.

As far as the impermanence of things in the universe we find ourself in, no one is arguing with that. Yes, it's all running down. That's all easily understood, it's just physics. So what is your point?

The subject here is metaphysics. If you don't want to play the 'what if' game you don't have to.