Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:49 am
I'm in need of some lunch or dinner meal ideas. For lunch (at work), all I eat is Rice Pilaf + fish or spagetti + meatballs. For dinner, I only eat hamburgers or baked french fries.

Can you suggest other meals/recipes for stuff I can eat? Eating the same thing over and over again becomes boring.

By the way, I don't like cold meals.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,377 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:53 am
Hmm...I don't normally suggest processed foods, but for lunches, at work, you may want to check out some of the new Stouffer's bowl cuisines, which come in an interesting variety of flavours. I sometimes also pick up a lean cuisine in a pinch, I quite like the ginger garlic steak with egg noodles. All these frozen dinners are microwaveable. As for dinners, I would suggest learning how to cook, or expanding your tastes to the wealth of ethnic cuisine availible in Toronto for delivery and take-out.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
Chicken breast is usually easy to prepare and there are lots of ways to serve it. You could simply marinate the chicken in some of the sauces that can be purchased at the grocery store. Many are very tasty and then bake or broil the chicken. Another favorite of mine is also very simple. Coat chicken in mayonnaise or egg, dip in Italian style breadcrumbs and bake. Serve with steamed broccoli, green bean, or other veggie and with Far East Rice.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 03:36 pm
How about salmon and/or tuna?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:41 pm
Try different sauces on your pasta, like pesto. Or make a salsa fresca of chopped tomatoes, basil, and feta all tossed with olive oil.

Add stuff to your pilaf like spinach or broccoli (while it's pilaf is in it's last few minutes of simmering).

Try couscous instead of pilaf (it's just as easy). Boil water (with oil/butter), toss in an egg, stir and add the couscous, drop some broccoli on top, cover and turn off the heat.

I agree with linkat about the ease of grilled chicken (try turkey too).

And, if you go with tuna, try not to eat too much of it. There has been a lot of concern that we get too much mercury from eating it too often. The guidelines for a healthy adult is 1 portion 1-2 times a week.
0 Replies

Blackie Chan

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 07:47 pm
littlek wrote:
Try different sauces on your pasta, like pesto. Or make a salsa fresca of chopped tomatoes, basil, and feta all tossed with olive oil.

Add stuff to your pilaf like spinach or broccoli (while it's pilaf is in it's last few minutes of simmering).

Try couscous instead of pilaf (it's just as easy). Boil water (with oil/butter), toss in an egg, stir and add the couscous, drop some broccoli on top, cover and turn off the heat.

I agree with linkat about the ease of grilled chicken (try turkey too).

And, if you go with tuna, try not to eat too much of it. There has been a lot of concern that we get too much mercury from eating it too often. The guidelines for a healthy adult is 1 portion 1-2 times a week.

Those are some great ideas. I'll replace tuna with salmon because I don't like tuna.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 07:56 pm
Glad to help.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 07:16 am
Here is a very easy Salmon recipe -

Bake, grill, broil salmon, once cooked pour honey over it. Tastes wonderful and simple.

If you like clams another easy tasty one -
Sauté a little olive oil with spices (garlic, Italian seasonings - to your taste), add whatever or none of the following veggies - scallions, mushrooms, red pepper, sauté and add white wine and one can of whole baby clams heat through. Pour over whatever pasta you like.
0 Replies