3D Movies and you! Tell us how you Really feel!

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 10:35 pm
What best describes your feelings towards 3D movies in the movie theater?

1. Best thing since color and sound made their way to the medium.
2. Meh. I don't go to movies so the point is moot.
3. 3D gives my horrendous headaches. So #nope!
4. I'm missing an eye/blind in one eye. I live in a perpetual 2D world. 3D doesn't exist for me.
5. 3D is ruining movies! Stop it already! Premium ticket prices for the sake of artificially inflating box office intake numbers.
6. The whole 3D movement is hit or miss. It works sometimes but fails to add anything of value in other film examples.
7. Who cares about movie theaters?! They're anachronistic. When are they going to perfect 3D television and video games. Their attempts already are sadsack and not worth the premium prices (televisions, BluRay discs, etc...).
8. Other? Explain in your post.

GorDie

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 10:52 pm
@tsarstepan,

I hate 3D. It was a scam. The movie isn't better, or more high resolution. It barely looks 3D.
technically speaking: how can a screen which is always 2d, even with 3dd animation, ever project something which appears anything but 2d? Ask the people who have been making movies for the past 20 or 70 years.

The quality did not improve. I hate 3D movies.

They looked 3D already. There was no flaw with the original image. They can just as easily make a 2d Image (regular [no optical]) appear to be 3D by animating it to dot he same thing.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:49 am
@tsarstepan,
I think the visual aspect of movies is already tremendous, it's the storytelling that is lacking. I wish Hollywood would shift their efforts from making the movie look better to making the stories better; spend more money on good writers.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 07:22 am
@tsarstepan,
Imax 3D is really good. I saw Puss In Boots and it really added to the experience. Ordinary 3D isn't anyway near as good, but my son loves it, so I'll keep seeing kid's films in that format.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 07:38 pm
The last time I went to the show to see a 3D movie, The Creature From the Black Lagoon came off as mostly flat. The best effects were when fish came swimming by.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 08:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
8. it's a gimmick film-makers use to distract us from how piss-poor many of their movies are these days. no plot, stars instead of actors, oh wow it's 3D

gaaaaaak
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

8. Other? Explain in your post.

Talkies ended silent film, and color largely ended B&W. I think 3D is great, but I hope it doesn't end 2D, because we are essentially talking about two distinct viewing experiences, each with its strengths and weaknesses. 3D is an advantage when you want freaky things to jump out at the audience, but it's a waste of money if you're making a quality movie like Taxi Driver. I'd hate to see the new technology price out independent film-makers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 05:43 am

I like it, at least if it is done well, so "#1" for me.

3D TV in the home is already good. If 3D looks bad on your TV, you just need a better TV.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 07:07 am
4. I was born with slight astigmatism in one eye, which was later corrected with eyeglasses, but it has meant that most 3-D illusions don't work for me, and never have. The ones that have any effect make me feel slightly nauseous and often give me a headache.

0 Replies