Awaken Your Soul

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 04:09 am
I've been reading up on Rumi and I am having trouble understanding some of the readings. I keep seeing the quote "Awaken your soul" and I am not sure what it means. It sounds like some mystic mumbo-jumbo with no real meaning. Is it just to inspire you to open yourself up to whomever your divine creator is, or is it something more complex?

I am also having trouble with faith. I find it very difficult to follow a religion blindly on faith. Maybe I am too realistic but I feel like I need concrete proof to believe in something like that (no disrespect for people that do believe in something, faith is just something I have trouble with). I understand, it is just that, faith. I have gone to services of multiple religious beliefs and it feels forced, like I don't believe it is the truth even though I want to believe.

A little back-story on why I am asking this in the first place.. I am living abroad and my family has gone back to the US to be with an elderly family member who lost her husband recently. They left four months ago and I still have a couple months until I see them again. This has made it very difficult for me because I now have no one living with me in a four bedroom house and I am having trouble finding things to do to pass the time that have meaning. I tend to just sit on the couch, watch television, and have a beer or two. I know this is not healthy and I am trying to find something to do that will give me a sense of purpose. I've tried exercising, reading, cleaning the house, different hobbies like biking, working with generators "making them", gaming I find this too lazy", gardening, etc.. I get bored with this stuff, even though I used to like these things.

I feel stagnant and can't find a purpose. Any help would be appreciated on the subject.

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,699 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by jowldani
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 04:30 am
Find someone to marry and have children with. That will give you immediate, existential purpose.
jowldani

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:08 am
@InfraBlue,
It says in my post that my family went back to the U.S. I am married with three children.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 12:07 pm
@jowldani,
jowldani wrote:

It says in my post that my family went back to the U.S. I am married with three children.

Oh, pardon me. I thought you meant your family, i.e. parents and siblings.
Krumple
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:32 pm
@jowldani,
"Awaken Your Soul"

I assume you should use an ethereal alarm clock?
0 Replies

jowldani

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 12:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
I am sorry if it seemed like I was being short with you. I wasn't. I was just informing you. Thanks for posting something relatively constructive Smile
0 Replies