Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Mustard Sauce

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 08:20 am
Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Mustard Mushroom Cognac Sauce
By BumbleBeeBoogie

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked black pepper
4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup minced shallots
1/2 button mushroom, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cognac
1/2 cup fat-free beef broth
1/4 cup green peppercorn or Dijon mustard
Italian flat parsley, minced

Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the steaks. Heat the oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the steaks and cook them for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove the steaks from the skillet and keep them warm.

Add the shallots to the skillet and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the cognac and cook 10 seconds longer. Add the mushrooms, broth and the mustard stiring well. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Serve the steaks with the sauce garnished with the parsley.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 2 tablespoons sauce)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,664 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:47 pm
What time would you like me to be at your house BBB?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 06:38 pm
NickFun
NickFun, you will have to chase the Kerry-Edwards campaign bus, I'm cooking for the gang.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:47 am
Iv'e got 4.5 litres under the bonnet, I'll pick Nickfun up, just say when BBB Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh and where
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:51 pm
BBB
The daring duo will be in Albuquerque tonight.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:00 pm
Hmm, I just bought some tritip 'steaks', I think I am going to try adapting this recipe to those.
Say hi to the moving twosome for me, bbb.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:44 pm
Osso
Osso, when Dys was in ABQ last week, he stayed at my house. This time he is staying at a motel. The reason. Maddy kept barking at the door of my guest room during the night. He though Dys was a burgular or something and trying to get into the room. Hard to sleep with Maddy yapping at you. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diane won't be down until Sunday and will see all the progress being made then. She won't recognize the house.

The skylights and turbine roof vents are going in tomorrow. If we can find time, I will bring Dys to my house to log on to my home computer and post some of his few terse words keeping all of you up to date. But we are very busy, so don't hold your breath.

Dys brought Fred the parrot down to ABQ in his cage. He set it on the floor and Fred and Maddy spent much of the day peering at each other at eye level trying to figure out who the other creature was. Everything would be ok until Maddy, wagging his tail, would get excited and bark, which would send Fred straight up into the roof of his cage. If Maddy ever does that when Fred is out of his cage, Maddy will probably get a bite on his nose he will never forget. Don't mess with Fred, Maddy, or you won't have any nose left.

I will give them your hello.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:11 pm
v. funny, says the owner of another inveterate barker, at least at dogs outside the glass door. Well, not funny about the loss of sleep. Funny and cool about the fact that Fred is not to be messed with.
0 Replies