TV turning off with air conditioning

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 03:33 pm
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have come here because I have an issue involving the power to my TV. I hope you can help me out or point me in a good direction.
First I should warn you that I really do not know much at all about electricity and wiring. Also, I live in an apartment, so I have to deal with whatever wiring is here in the apartment.
I have lived here for several years without having any problems. This past winter, I bought a new (bigger, more power) TV. I plugged this tv into a power strip connected to the wall, which is where my old TV was plugged in. I used this new tv all winter and spring with no problems. Once the weather started to get warm, and I started using air conditioning (central), I began to notice occasionally when the air comes on or turns off, my tv goes off for one second and then turns back on. This does not happen every time that the air comes on and off, but it happens enough times to be annoying. Also I have noticed a few times it has happened without the air conditioning turning on or off.
I have tried switching power outlets and it still happens. I have other items plugged into the same power strips, and I have not noticed them turning off like this, only the tv. I have also had the electric company come out and they said that I am getting plenty of power and whatever the problem is, it is not on their end. Any input you can offer to this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,791 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

edgarblythe

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 04:24 pm
I would get the TV checked. Take it to your neighbor's apartment and see if it does that over there, if possible.
0 Replies