Sounds like a regular (overload) breaker or a ground leakage breaker tripped, or maybe both. The kind of surge that damages electronics is usually an overvoltage caused by something outside, such as lightning striking overheard wires, or a fault in a substation or a pole-mounted transformer. If all equipment is working fine, I would not worry too much.
However, I would worry about your safety. If you could let such a thing happen, you aren't really safe to work on AC wiring, and you could hurt or kill yourself or someone else.