Tomorrow Will Be Interesting

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:28 pm
I'm doing a vegan animal rights themed wedding at one of the local synagogues. alternative acoustic and traditional Israeli dance has been requested. In conversation I asked the groom what he did and he deals in diamonds. I wanted to ask him if he'd ever seen Blood Diamonds and wondered how he reconciled his concern with animal rights with that but I need to get paid so I decided discretion is the greater part of valor. Neutral
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,924 • Replies: 21
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:58 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Listening..
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:03 pm
I'll give a full report tomorrow afternoon. I've been researching Jewish weddings. This one is a mixture of traditional and contemporary and will be a learning experience, a joyful occasion and a nice paycheck. This is a combination damn hard to beat. Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
A friend of my ex is from a diamond family. The friend mostly stayed out of it, but not entirely.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:24 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Seriously, that sounds like a blast, well except the no meat part. The music and dancing should be wonderful. Please God, let there be wine, because it makes the dancing so much more fun.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
As far as I know the mining and trade of blood diamonds doesn't hurt animals.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Only humans..
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Im guessing you think its just a sexy marketing ploy. The only animals being killed and maimed are the two legged kind, young and old.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:09 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Are they modern/conservative/orthodox?

Definitely the best wedding parties I've been at have been Jewish weddings (of all sorts).

Will they be dancing debke as well as the hora - in addition to North American styles?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:10 pm
@ehBeth,
If it's orthodox, beware the food.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:13 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
make sure to get a pic wearing the kippah
roger

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Visualizing bpb with a small fish on his head.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:54 am
@ehBeth,
I have received practically no instruction and this is my first jewish wedding although I've done my share of bar/bat mitvahs. I've invested in music all I'm going to spend and we'll see what happens. I believe it will be a mix of traditional and contemporary. The b&g dance I've picked thinking out loud.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:55 am
@maxdancona,
point being it strikes me as odd someone would have such huge concern for animals but apparently not the people who die mining the diamonds.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 10:20 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
hopefully if they have specific music they need/want, they'll bring it along

I've been at a few where Israeli family members have brought the latest tunes along to the receptions.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 10:31 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Jewish people know how to celebrate in a big style, so you should get a surprise how elaborate it will be...that is by now it should be over.

Nice of you to research Jewish weddings beforehand, so you know what you're dealing with and what not to play and what they'd like to hear.

I am sure you'll get a generous payment for your efforts. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 03:51 pm
It was great, very happy time, I nailed it, they loved me. A little research and it was as easy as any other wedding.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 05:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
excellent!
Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:39 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'd suggest adding the following titles to your playlist:

Boiled Beef And Carrots by Harry Champion
Eat Steak by The Reverend Horton Heat
Smoke 'em if You Got 'em by Beef Rap
Fried Chicken And Gasoline by Southern Culture on the Skids
Beef Bologna by Fear
Taco With a Pork Chop by Ray Brown, John Clayton, Christian McBride
Struttin' With Some Barbeque by Louis Armstrong

I could go on and on --- how could you not request, I know you want to be paid, but it is just way too tempting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:41 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
damn I was too late -- I would have loved seeing the faces if you played on of those songs.
0 Replies