Polar ice advancing, global warming is dead

Ionus

Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:33 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Why don't you show that temperature affects your ability to not think?
Why don't you piss off ?

Quote:
Why do I have to show anything since I only am using that average to show trends in average temperature over time?
Why not make it up then ? It is NOT an average . Only a fool would call it the average temperature, when you dont know the true temperature variation . You are a very good performing artist, I am sure, but you know nothing of science . It is a midway point . Is the midway point of a marathon the exact average of the hills involved ? You are desperate to prove GW and will twist the data to suit . You dont have the right data so you are using the only thing you have because you must prove GW to be true . You must because it is green and it makes you feel good to boss others around .

Quote:
You are clearly misrepresenting what the average daily temperature is used for.
The average daily temp is a midway point between the min and max and is used for a rough summary of what the weather was like for one day . Where is the misrepresentation ?
Ionus

Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:35 pm
@parados,
Dont you worry about who I call names unless it is you .
Quote:
How can temperature readings be inaccurate if the thermometers are accurate?
Really ? Who believes that stupid spin you are putting on things ? Apart from you . You should be a politician .
Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 05:37 am
Quote:
[...]It marks the first time that bears have been seen killing and eating dolphins. Usually, the dolphins only go up north during the warmer summer — but this year they have arrived in spring.
[...]
The habitat of polar bears is shrinking drastically as the Arctic warms. As such, scientists expect to be able to observe them much less in the coming years.

The same global warming appears to be trapping the dolphins, leaving them stuck and so able to be caught by the bears.
[...]
Usually, the Svalbard fjords and coast is covered by ice. But in the winter of 2013 and 2014, when the dolphins and bears were first seen together, they were ice free.
Source
Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 05:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,

Related:
http://i58.tinypic.com/qqr12e.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/r2kl20.jpg
Source: Norwegian Polar Institute
parados

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 05:58 am
@Ionus,
Once again. Averaging the high and low can show a trend. However you want to create the average will show the same trend. The delta of temperature is the difference between the high and the low.

It is you that is desperate to show something isn't true. Rather than give us actual data, all you can do is claim other data is false while giving us no data to show why it is false.

Quote:
The average daily temp is a midway point between the min and max and is used for a rough summary of what the weather was like for one day
That is the misrepresentation. You are the only one claiming that min/max is being used to show weather for one day. Min/max temperature is used to show the average temperature for a day. Average temperature may be one component of weather but it is not the weather. That average is then being used to show trends in temperature over time. Until you can show that the min/max temperature has changed compared to the rest of the day over the last 100 years, you are simply throwing your feces in the air and waving your arms. The trend is right there in the data. As I have already stated, the min/max is a decent proxy for any long term variable trend. Using the daily min/max average for the DOW for the last 100 years will show the exact same trend as closing prices will show. It is the same with all stock markets.
parados

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 06:02 am
@Ionus,
Data is data. How one in interprets the data is analysis. You are claiming the data is not accurate. The only data we have is temperature readings from thermometers. You claim the temperature readings are not accurate. The only interpretation is that you think thermometers can't tell temperature accurately.

If you want to argue that the analysis is flawed then you need only show us your analysis using the data and how you reached your conclusion. You have not done that. You have simply claimed you are correct without being willing to show us any facts using the data.
Setanta

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 06:28 am
It is also worth noting thaty not only is temperature not weather, weather is not climate.
farmerman

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 07:55 am
@parados,
as I mentioned waay earlier, maximum/minimum recording thermometers were invented in the mid 1700". One can read the max, min of the day by just reading the pointnwhere the magnets stopped on the "U" shaped thermometer, and then reset it. Marvelous engineers these British .

Most all ships in the Admiralty had specific "hydrographic" duties wherever they were.
farmerman

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 07:56 am
@Setanta,
"Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get"

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 07:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
everybody is counting on polar bears "evolving" their way out of this mess.
Sorta like playing Russian Roulette but pointing the gun at someone else
Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 09:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
One can read the max, min of the day by just reading the pointnwhere the magnets stopped on the "U" shaped thermometer, and then reset it. Marvelous engineers these British .
And a good writer, this German doctor F. Burckhardt,who wrote the first history of thermometers in the 1860's.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 09:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ihletc.jpg
A German (wg) minimum - (hg) maximum thermometer from 1875

(This is in the German Thermometer Museum, but the only have ver few nautical thermoters there. Quite a few are to be seen in the Hamburg Maritime Museum [I've been there with several A2K'ers - will search my photos, if I'd taken a picture of these instruments.])
farmerman

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 12:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
First there was "Johny Five", then there was "Jimmy Six". It was Jimmy that invented the max min recording thermometer in the mid 1700's.
Dont tell ionus, he wont believe it anyway.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
That really would turn ignoramus' life upside down.
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
C'mon Walt..that post is crap .
Quote:
It marks the first time that bears have been seen killing and eating dolphins.
Really ? 75,000 yrs of humans and you know that ?
Quote:
The habitat of polar bears is shrinking drastically as the Arctic warms.
It has done that several times before . Do you read anyone but your own posts ? The Arctic ice has melted several times and Polar bears have 'melted' into the brown bear population only to re-emerge with the ice . Terrifying isnt it ?

This is yet another one of your confusing posts . What is trapping the Dolphins because you say it is ice free ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:17 pm
@parados,
I don't really care if you make a fool of yourself but declare who you are and not this anonymous crap . If you are going to say stupid things that I hope you know are stupid, just to impress the plebs, than drop anonymity so your peers can laugh at you .

READ CAREFULLY - you would not design a heat transfer experiment and only measure the min, the max and the mid way point and declare that sufficient . The data would be an inaccurate reflection of events . You can measure your min and max to a very fine degree, but it is not a reflection of what is taking place .

Quote:
The only interpretation is that you think thermometers can't tell temperature accurately.
No, the only interpretation is that you cant read and assume others cant either .

Quote:

If you want to argue that the analysis is flawed then you need only show us your analysis using the data and how you reached your conclusion.
I do not have to prove anything . You have to prove it is getting warmer and the methodology is flawed . Why cant you understand that ? Didn't you do any science before you went into performing arts ?
Ionus

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:23 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Once again. Averaging the high and low can show a trend.
Once again . Any data can show a trend . Accurate data shows an accurate trend . Do you see how that works or will you need a three colour diagram ?

Quote:
Until you can show that the min/max temperature has changed compared to the rest of the day over the last 100 years
Look you low grade moron...I don't have to show anything . Your methodology is flawed . No one was interested in heat transfer, they were telling people roughly how comfortable the weather was ....it is the only data you have so you are using it in complete disregard for scientific principles .

Apparently, you have never experienced a very hot day with a late cool change, or a cold day where the sun came out briefly . The min and max are NOT an accurate measure of heat transfer . You want to prove GW and its the only thing you have so you have decided it MUST be accurate . Not very scientific paradum.
Ionus

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
as I mentioned waay earlier,
Yes, Gomer , you're the hero when you made a fool of yourself and couldn't admit you were wrong .

Quote:
ost all ships in the Admiralty had specific "hydrographic" duties wherever they were.
And no one has put them in the same data base . So what do you think it means to have the data and not be able to use it ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:27 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
everybody is counting on polar bears "evolving" their way out of this mess.
Lets assume polar bears dont survive like they have every other time, how much are they worth ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 11 Jun, 2015 10:30 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
The average daily temp is a midway point between the min and max and is used for a rough summary of what the weather was like for one day . Where is the misrepresentation ?
You have a peculiar funny conception of what weather is. Which is obviously the reason that you don't know the basics about how data (= not only the temperature) for the weather are and were collected.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:59:10