Polar ice advancing, global warming is dead

Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:54 am
Gunga - shame on you ! Scientists have families to feed and like new equipment and funded trips just like the rest of us...those employed in Government funded GW bureaucracies need to have lunch meetings and fact raising trips to places like southern Italy, the Rivera, the Greek Islands, any tropical island...you cant just take money from people ! It was tax money, so no one owns it .
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
coryphaeus
I'm a what phallus now ? Ship data is used for the oceans . It is incomplete . There is a voluntary project examining ships old log books to put the data in a bank on computers . Problem is sailing ships only measure the temp in weather . That is, a breeze . They also vary their route considerably .
Steam ships are more regular in their route but still suffer from piecemeal data . If you weren't a big trader than data for your part of the world wont be there . Similarly for land based data, if you are not a rich country then you probably weren't measuring temps every day since 1880 .

We only have the max and min temps for anywhere, and these have been averaged for GW enthusiasts data . The average is not a true reflection of the heat during a 24hr period . You must assume that the temp was equally in halfs above and below the average of the max and min . Quite an assumption .

Before it was absolutely essential to have one climate, the earth was considered to have many . We need to measure change, perhaps hourly, at many sites in all the earth's climates especially the oceans . We have only started to do that, in what is a 100,000 yr cycle . How do we eliminate outliers and determine trends if we have a very, very short time of measurement ?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:14 am
@Ionus,
If you (and other coryphaei ) know it better, why don't you publish your findings e.g. at 'Science'?

And measuring temperatures from (any) ships: I don't know since when sling psychrometers or a portable aspiration psychrometers were used. But the 'navy buckets' are known since ages (at first wooden, then [partly] insulated rubber).
Foofie

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:42 am
@gungasnake,
If the planet is going into a mini-ice-age, and the wars that would then break out as countries competed for arable land, make for a valid reason for concocting a canard that diverted attention away from the coming reality. Would the best canard be a preposterous claim to the opposite? Recently I heard on radio something about, that during the U.S.'s Revolutionary War, the British were concerned that Washington could easily cross the thickly iced-over Hudson River. The British took cannons out onto the iced-over river to get a better shot at any advancing colonialists. I don't remember hearing about the Hudson River icing up as a child? Certainly not enough to hold the weight of cannons.

Are mini-ice-ages cyclic, and this nation had its growth during a warm period, allowing for easy transportation during most months?
gungasnake

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:13 am
@Foofie,
The future of farming, at least the best part of it, looks increasingly like aquaponics, which a little ice age would not affect.

http://becovillage.com/assets/images/Becoville%20vertical%20aquaponic(1).jpg
Foofie

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:26 pm
@gungasnake,
Sorry, I'm ignorant of such things.
0 Replies

Foofie

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:27 pm
@gungasnake,
Sorry, I'm ignorant of such things.
Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
If you (and other coryphaei ) know it better, why don't you publish your findings e.g. at 'Science'?
Because all this Global Warming rubbish is by the same 200 scientists . Try getting published if you disagree .

Quote:
And measuring temperatures from (any) ships: I don't know since when sling psychrometers or a portable aspiration psychrometers were used. But the 'navy buckets' are known since ages (at first wooden, then [partly] insulated rubber).
This is typical of your wishy washy posting . If you disagree say why...I could say cattle dogs can chase sheep and it would be a better contribution . What do you want to say about moisture content and how is that relevant ?
gungasnake

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:32 pm
@Foofie,
Aquaponics involves is a scheme for raising both fish and veggies in which the one feeds the other and the other the one and the veggie half of the thing involves bell syphons which provide an optimal mix of water and air to the veggies and produce a very fast grow cycle.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:09 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
This is typical of your wishy washy posting . If you disagree say why...I could say cattle dogs can chase sheep and it would be a better contribution . What do you want to say about moisture content and how is that relevant ?
I wrote about measuring temperatures.
Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I wrote about measuring temperatures.
Then why did you mention a psychrometer for measuring moisture ? I always have a lot of confusion with your posts because you try to say the minimum so you arent committed to anything that might be wrong .

In case my memory failed me, I looked it up this time and post the definition :
psy·chrom·e·ter (sī-krŏm′ĭ-tər) n. An instrument that uses the difference in readings between two thermometers, one having a wet bulb and the other having a dry bulb, to measure the moisture content or relative humidity of air.
farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:20 pm
@Ionus,
pssst, you just answered your own question.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:26 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

[Then why did you mention a psychrometer for measuring moisture ?
Because it's probably the wrong translation. Aspiration thermometer would be better, I think. (It's used to calibrate other thermometers, e.g. on board.)

0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:26 pm
@farmerman,
Then you need to elaborate . How is an instrument comparing two temperatures to measure moisture relevant to the accuracy of temperature measurement ?
farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm
@Ionus,
do yu know what sling psychrometers are? They are THERMOMETERS
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:34 pm
@farmerman,
Sling psychrometer! That's the correct term, forgot it.
Ionus

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:36 pm
@farmerman,
Yesssss....I get the impression you are going somewhere with this ...I repeat, how is that a comment on the accuracy of measuring temperature .
farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
when your not whipping them aroud, dont they just sit there and measure temperature?
or have they gotten fancy. I remember using em in projects and they were always a bit over armored so some wag wouldnt "sling" the thermometer into a table edge and bust the tubes.
But the ones we had on our proj site, had a holder that you could just check the temp any time you wanted.
farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:39 pm
@Ionus,
Walter was on board a ship, psychrometers were pretty accurate instruments for temp measurement.
Youre just being purposely obtuse , admit it.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:51 pm
@farmerman,
I didn't use it very often, I have to admit. But once, our boat became for a couple of days the "replace station" for a weather ship. (That had some engine troubles which had to be repaired in a harbour.) So I had to it any hour or so. Was a fulltime jog, especially encoding all the various data and then get these on punched tape.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 06:59:43