Polar ice advancing, global warming is dead

Olivier5

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 03:30 pm
@Ionus,
Ooooh poor Yoyo... Did I hurt you so bad? Don't you cry now.
Olivier5

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 03:58 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
I'd eat a crow before I ever ate a snail...

And you do so all the time...

I'm no big fan of them, to be fair, but for your info snails are mollusks. They taste about the same as octopus minus the iodine, ie nothing much. It's all about the aioli (garlic-based mayo) and what you feed them with before hand (rosemary is best).

farmerman

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Imagine eating a banana slug. Out on the Russian River Near Ukiah I think), they have an annual Bnana slug festival where they give prizes for the best slug recipes. (I think it may be a goof, Im not sure, only time I was there I was working)
Ionus

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
We have been over this ad nauseam . You just use bluff to maintain the same stupid line despite the facts of the matter . You are professionally immoral . You are a drunk and have a big chip on you shoulder . Seek help . You have identified the problem...delusion...but as is typical of you, you have misdirected to me . Tell me about thermometers....show me the post where I questioned their accuracy...or admit to being a silly old fool who mistook the subject, was too drunk to read two posts back and then didnt have the guts to say he made a mistake . Thats all..a little mistake...but no, our gomer is too cowardly and has lying too ingrained in his alcohol soaked lack of character for that .
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Let me see if I get this right:
Don't even bother . You have no hope of understanding anything except a male arse, cowardice, lying, surrendering to the germans, and a belief that swine yard of a country of yours can do no wrong . Which cane first ? Your infallibility because of your country, or your countries infallibility because of you ?
Ionus

Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:33 pm
@Olivier5,
If I cry it will be out of sympathy that someone with so little of a functioning brain can somehow struggle on like you do . Do you live in the north of france with the child molesters ? Careful, the police are investigating....
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:33 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Imagine eating a banana slug. Out on the Russian River Near Ukiah I think), they have an annual Bnana slug festival

Ouch... I guess there's always something grosser to eat. Smile

The most repulsive thing I ever managed to eat was fried locusts, in Sudan. Crunchy chitinous elytra... Yum yum...
NSFW (view)
Ionus

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 02:54 am
@Olivier5,
Yes, I can see your homosexual nature in that post . Your greatest fears yet you transpose them to me ? Why is that ?
farmerman

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 04:47 am
@Olivier5,
I too have eaten locusts done in a big frame basket and cooked over charcoal.I had the Nigerian version.

I agree, they were good,
farmerman

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 05:17 am
@farmerman,
I have to say though, in the Nigerian version we had, the kids would pull off all the wing covers and the legs before roasting. It was nutty and had a certain sweetness that was stronger with the bigger ones. Since these things undergo incomplete metamorph, its like red beets, you get all sizes in the serving.
Kids would walk around with handsfull, just eating them like pistachios.
Ionus

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:50 am
This is the post Gomer thinks is about thermometers .
Quote:
Ship data is used for the oceans . It is incomplete . There is a voluntary project examining ships old log books to put the data in a bank on computers . Problem is sailing ships only measure the temp in weather . That is, a breeze . They also vary their route considerably .
Steam ships are more regular in their route but still suffer from piecemeal data . If you weren't a big trader than data for your part of the world wont be there . Similarly for land based data, if you are not a rich country then you probably weren't measuring temps every day since 1880 .

We only have the max and min temps for anywhere, and these have been averaged for GW enthusiasts data . The average is not a true reflection of the heat during a 24hr period . You must assume that the temp was equally in halves above and below the average of the max and min . Quite an assumption .

Before it was absolutely essential to have one climate, the earth was considered to have many . We need to measure change, perhaps hourly, at many sites in all the earth's climates especially the oceans . We have only started to do that, in what is a 100,000 yr cycle . How do we eliminate outliers and determine trends if we have a very, very short time of measurement ?

No wonder you post anonymously, you would be a laughing stock in your profession if people knew who you were . Assuming you weren't bullshitting to big note yourself, you clever little rock collector you . Dont forget Gomer fan club, mark up your little senile drunk . Laughing
Olivier5

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:15 am
@farmerman,
The Sudanese version is with the legs and elytra, deep fried. I was not convinced.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:16 am
@Ionus,
You wish...
0 Replies

parados

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:48 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
There are about 30,000 actual Climate scientists . 200 account for the vast majority of papers published . They are prolific .

That is some nonsense.

Quote:
an analysis looking at 2,258 peer-reviewed articles published between November 2012 and December 2013 revealed that only one of the 9,136 authors rejected anthropogenic global warming

http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/01/08/why-climate-deniers-have-no-scientific-credibility-only-1-9136-study-authors-rejects-global-warming

9,136 authors is really only 200? Only in your world Ionus.
parados

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:58 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
We only have the max and min temps for anywhere, and these have been averaged for GW enthusiasts data . The average is not a true reflection of the heat during a 24hr period . You must assume that the temp was equally in halves above and below the average of the max and min . Quite an assumption .

It doesn't matter whether the temp is equally in halves since the only conclusion being made is about the trend in temperature. For the trend to not be accurate you would have to show that somehow the temperature has been progressively staying closer to the low temp as time has progressed. That is an asinine argument on your part.

Your argument is like arguing that I can't tell the direction the stock market is taking by averaging the daily high/low and then charting for a trend over long periods of time. I know for a fact that the high/low average will very closely track the closing price over long periods of time.
MontereyJack

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:43 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 05:30 pm
Well, now that's a first. Never had a bookmark thumbed down before. Hard to get more innocuous and controversy-free than that. Must have been gungasnaKKKe, who has a well-deserved reputation for drive-by thumbing down.
Thanks a lot, snaKKKe, you maroon.
MontereyJack

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
thanks to whoever it was that thumbed my "bookmark" back up to 1.
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:56 pm
@parados,
http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/05/97-study-falsely-classifies-scientists.html#Update2
Quote:
97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/30/global-warming-alarmists-caught-doctoring-97-percent-consensus-claims/
Quote:
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:30:05