Diagnosing Air in Pipes

jasonmj

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 07:36 am
I've just moved into a house that uses well water. There was clearly air in the pipes, so I did some reading and bled the lines, pressure tank, and hot water heater. While the well pump was off, I noticed that air was hissing out of the pressure release on the backflow preventer or check valve located between the pump and the pressure tank.

Although I haven't located and inspected the well head and pump, I was told by the previous owner that an aeration system was installed at the well head to eliminate the naturally occurring smell of sulfur.

At this point I have a few theories on what could be happening, but I don't know how to proceed. While bleeding the water from the pipes did help for a little while, the air or gas has returned and our pipes are sputtering once again.

Any insights here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,442 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 02:55 pm
@jasonmj,
Nope, but I'll bump it up for you.
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:06 pm
@jasonmj,
I would recommend you to concern with a plumber that easily solve your issue.......Smile
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:18 am
You may have tasted best water, however, it can have a bad unpleasant sulfur scent. Air trapped in household plumbing is a generally basic issue, particularly in more seasoned homes. This is one of the reasons for noisy pipes, extending from a vibrating sound too redundant jack-hammer commotions. You should consult a plumber for this issue.
0 Replies