Electrical problem?

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:15 pm
Hi, long story short, 4 year old dishwasher pump failed, we replaced the pump, it failed again after 2 days. So, assuming the dishwasher had some sort of wiring problem that kept burning the pump out, we replaced it. It worked fine for several weeks and now the pump on the new one has failed.

Could this be an electrical problem with the fuse not tripping as it is supposed to do and burning out the pump? Should we call an electrician? The house was built in 1982 and we had the fuse box replaced and rewired about 8 or 9 years ago.

Would really appreciate any and all input as husband and I don't know enough about electrical stuff to even narrow this down and we can't afford to keep replacing dishwashers every few weeks. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 527 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:20 pm
@Bluebonnet,
I'd call an electrician. Clearly there are some issues that DIY-repairers would be wise to shy away from.

I'm no expert on these things, but is there also a good flow of water (without sediment or some grit) happening?
Bluebonnet

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:44 pm
@Ragman,
Hi Ragman, thanks for the reply! There is good water flow, but since the drain pump isn't working the dirty water doesn't drain and it's quite a mess in the bottom of the dishwasher. I did test the drain pump by starting the washer and then stopping to induce draining. There was no drainage at all and no drain pump activity sounds.
0 Replies