confused about flight?@!?@!

jbcrakl

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:46 pm
My husband and I are taking our first flight. We live in Eastern time zone. The itineary tells me the times of the flights and arrival and so forth but when I get to say...Chicago do I need to be ready to board the plane at 10 am Eastern time or Central? then the same when I get to San Francisco? I am so confused on this time. Can someone help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 652 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Charli

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:32 pm
WELCOME!
Welcome to A2K, jbcrakl!

All of the times on your itinerary should be LOCAL times. That is, wherever you are. Change your watch IMMEDIATELY to the "new" time. Then, when you should board your next flight at, say, 10:00 a.m. - look at you watch and your will have the correct time.

Enjoy your trip!! :-) -- Charli
[/color]
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 09:42 pm
jbcrackl
Welcome to A2K!

Charli is correct. Adjust your watch when you arrive in a place, and then run on local time, to avoid any errors.

Be thankful you're not flying through a dozen time zones. Then neither you, your watch or your body has any idea at all what the time is!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:42 am
Typically on itineraries they show the time in that particular time zone. So say for instance in arrive in Chicago, your itinerary will state departure time at 10am - it should be Central time (the same time zone that Chicago is in). If you have any questions at all about your itinerary, I would suggest calling your travel agent. Also, I have been noticing lately that many flights have become pay for meals flights. I was not told this when I booked my last flight, but luckily was told when making some minor changes. It may be worth while to find out as you are always welcome to bring food on board.
0 Replies

jbcrakl

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
thanks!
Thank you for your help!
0 Replies