Main Breaker problem

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 01:39 pm
Excuse me if this isn't in the correct forum. I do not see how I can post in a specific forum. I'm having some electrical problems in my trailer recently. A lot of the circuits in the trailer are currently not working (no large appliances work whatsoever). No circuits on the inside breaker box though are tripped. There is a main breaker box outside near the meter. That also was not tripped, but I'm almost certain this is where the problem is coming from. I turned off all the breakers inside and out and turned them back on, but when I turn the outside one on it has a low buzzing sound that I'm sure isn't usual/common. Plus I could see electricity (bluish light) initially from inside the breaker box outside when I had turned it back on. I haven't touched it since because that's made me a bit nervous. I'm sure an electrician inspecting it personally could give me way more information, and I'll be calling one soon, but I wanted to get some others opinion on the matter first. Does this sound like a easy fix with the main breaker box outside? I'm hoping it's not going to require replacing the whole breaker box since I'm sure that's pretty pricey and I don't have the money to do so currently.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 706 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 02:25 pm
Is the buzzing from the breaker? If so, it needs replacing. If you replace it yourself, turn it off before messing with it and keep your hands out of the box as much as possible, by wearing gloves and doing the touching with your tools. If the buzzing is from elsewhere, consult an electrician.
JMoore07

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn't notice specifically where the buzzing was coming from, just that it was from the main breaker box outside like I said. As far as tackling this on my own, I don't see that happening. I don't know much about this and I'm sure this would certainly end with me getting electrocuted. Better let the professionals do it. I was just curious if someone knew kind of right away by my description what the problem might be, like an "oh ya that's probably just this fuse in there blah blah blah etc., easy fix!".
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 03:56 pm
Contact a professional.
0 Replies