Michael Moore, Hero or Rogue

smog

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:38 am
I disliked him before then, for more than a few reasons.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:39 am
I have disliked him for a long time. But Iraq sure didn't help things.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:41 am
Could anyone be worse.
Bush talks about evil. I think he is the Devil incarnate masquerading under the guise of religion. Well, maybe that is where he belongs. Religion the evil spell cast upon mankind.

Kerry will IMO make an acceptable president. However, that of course remains to proven. However, Bush has proven what he can do. What we need is someone who can start to undo the damage.

It is odd that the only thing you picked up from my response is Anyone but Bush.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
au1929 wrote:
It is odd that the only thing you picked up from my response is Anyone but Bush.

I read your list and agreed with few of them and thought of some more not on your list.

But I have been hearing this a lot lately that people just hate Bush so much that they will vote for anyone. I don't think that not being Bush qualifies a person to be president.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:48 am
Do I really need to answer that question? I could never, understand how people with even a modicum of intelligence voted for that dolt in the first place
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:50 am
au1929 wrote:
Do I really need to answer that question? I could never, understand how people with even a modicum of intelligence voted for that dolt in the first place

So now we've resorted to name calling?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:54 am
Has McG gone to see F 9-11?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:55 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
au1929 wrote:

So now we've resorted to name calling?

That happens a lot around here.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:58 am
When someone says he or she would vote for "anyone but Bush," it's more of a rhetorical statement, jp. We all know who the other options are.

There's no point in being hung up on the expression..
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
D'artagnan wrote:
When someone says he or she would vote for "anyone but Bush," it's more of a rhetorical statement, jp. We all know who the other options are.

I didn't actually think you would vote for anybody. But I still fail to see why Kerry would make a better choice.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:18 am
Name calling.hell. Calling Bush a dolt is not name calling it is the truth.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:28 am
JPM
I know I will not convince you that Kerry is a better choice than Bush. That is a conclusion if you come to it must be arrived at on your own. Just remember, the decisions and policies that Bush has made in the past are the same as those he will make in the future.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:41 am
I want to be convinced... I want to vote for the person I feel will best lead this country.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:53 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Moore's exaggerations are no worse than the BS generated by the current administration on daily basis. Both take the facts and manipulate them to suit their purposes.

And that's true for Fox News, too. To claim that Moore is uniquely biased is absurd...

I dont think most of us who have expressed distrust of Moore have said he was uniquely biased.

But if you're gonna want to expose Fox News, or whatever counterpart you choose to compare Moore with, for the exaggerations and manipulations they apply, then have the intellectual honesty to take Moore to task for them too. Otherwise we'll all just become partisan hacks.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:20 pm
c.i. wrote:
Quote:
I turned on the telley this morning (while putting on my clothes) to watch the finance channel, and this guy was saying that religion was being lost in this country, and it will be our down fall. It's people like this guy that scares the bejesus out of me, because these are the very people that supports Bush!

LW wrote:
Quote:
More fear-laden rhetoric. I suppose they're following along with those two bad novelist who wrote all the silly revelation novels that are more popular than Stephen King.

My sister is from this very camp, LW. These "novelists" graduated from the same seminary as my sister's husband, in the same class. They got their ideas from the same source. These outrageous ideas plus good marketing (placing the books on a rounder near the check out counter) have made the books extremely popular.

But I'm saying that among this group, even they are beginning to doubt Bush. My sister has been wondering for some time, but since the war went obviously bad, and since she has draftable sons, she has been on the fence. Moore's movie, or what she's heard about it has made the final difference.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:33 pm
http://www.swiftvets.com/Index2.htm

Quote:
Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, as Chief of Naval Operations, said....

"REQUIRES CONSTANT SUPERVISION"[/color]....

Somehow or other, that's not the sort of trait I'd look for in a president.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:35 pm
Yeah, we all know that the guys Kerry accused of committing war crimes are going to have a LOT of great things to say about him.

Quote:
"REQUIRES CONSTANT SUPERVISION"....

And this differs from Bush... how?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:53 pm
It just made me laugh that an admiral doesn't think his statement isn't political. Quote, "Admiral Roy Hoffmann (ret.), Commander of Coastal Division 11 and chair of the group, said many in the group had not seen each other for over thirty years. "I signed this letter because I do not believe John Kerry is fit to the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States. This is not a political issue."
This guys been living in Vietnam too long.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 02:16 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:
"REQUIRES CONSTANT SUPERVISION"....

And this differs from Bush... how?

Cycloptichorn

Want me to spell it out? I mean, at this point, I'm judging George W. Bush as much by the things which HAVEN'T happened as by those which have. So far at least, in contrast to our last demmunist president, I haven't had to read about or worry about:

• An American president porking teenage interns in government offices during working hours.
  • An American president lying about same both on TV and in front of a federal grand jury and then, when shown to be a total liar by forensic evidence, trying to tell us it depends on the definition of 'is'.
  • Credible rape allegations against an American president on newspaper headlines.
  • An American president bombing an innocent Christian nation for 80 days and nights to take same off same headlines.
  • An American president selling thermonuclear secrets to the chinese communists for campaign cash.
  • Agents of an American president killing somebody's cat and then telling them one of their children could be next.
  • An American president sealing a trillion dollar American mineral asset for the benefit of foreign campaign donors.
  • An American president and his cronies shaking down the Swiss banks for billions of dollars to allow a deal which should have gone through with no undue protocol.
  • An American president reducing our military to a state of ineffectiveness, delaying a necessary operation like Iraq for a year and a half...

I mean, how much do you want?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 02:20 pm
I want more info about "Agents of an American president killing somebody's cat and then telling them one of their children could be next."

I hadn't heard that one...
0 Replies