Michael Moore, Hero or Rogue

swolf

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:12 pm
Lola wrote:
And now we have control of the oil in Iraq. All the more oil to pollute the environment with.

Another subscriber to Algor's fabulous plan to outlaw the internal combustion engine I take it...

Hast ever read what New York city was like prior to the internal combustion engine or what sort of pollution problems they had? Ever been in a city where you couldn't take ten steps without stepping in horse ****?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:28 am
Evil Lola, evil..........and naive as well. Oh well, love me, faults and all.

I'm on my way to New York today. I have my books there now. When I get there, I'll quote a few things, which I'm sure will change your mind, McG. (Why am I smiling?)
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:43 am
You are smiling because you are evil Lola :wink:
0 Replies

mrcool011

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:31 pm
i just watch about 1/3 of f911 and man all that bull crap was funny, it has made me want to support bush even more! i saw a fact check online the other week and its funny how people believe most the stuff in this movie.
0 Replies

sioto

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:47 pm
@au1929,
Only a simple minded elitist (redundant terms) could have any respect for Michael Moore. One needs only to see and hear Michael Moore to realize he is an obese, hooked nosed, ugly faced, unprincipled opportunist, who feeds his lard layered body by disrespecting anything or anybody that appears remotely honorable and decent. His repulsive physical appearance is exceeded only by the repulsive ugliness of his personality.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:04 pm
@sioto,
What are ya, some kind of racist.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is the wingnut echo chamber in action.

http://www.people.com/article/michael-moore-explains-snipers-tweets-american-sniper

Quote:
Michael Moore caused a stir on Sunday when he Tweeted his negative opinion of snipers, seemingly in response to the release of American Sniper.

In a Facebook post later that day, the director, 60, defended his statements about snipers – but also attempted to distance the Tweets from the the Oscar-nominated film about real-life Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

"Lots of talk about snipers this weekend (the holiday weekend of a great man, killed by a sniper), so I thought I'd weigh in with what I was raised to believe about snipers," Moore wrote in his post. "My dad was in the First Marine Division in the South Pacific in World War II. His brother, my uncle, Lawrence Moore, was an Army paratrooper and was killed by a Japanese sniper 70 years ago next month."

He explained that his views were passed down to him by his father.

"My dad always said, 'Snipers are cowards. They don't believe in a fair fight. Like someone coming up from behind you and coldcocking you. Just isn't right. It's cowardly to shoot a person in the back. Only a coward will shoot someone who can't shoot back.' "

"I don't think most Americans think of snipers as heroes," he added.

Despite his critical take on the topic, Moore did have some positive things to say about Bradley Cooper's film, which broke box office records this weekend.

"Awesome performance from Bradley Cooper," he wrote. "One of the best of the year. Great editing. Costumes, hair, makeup superb!"

However, he had less kind words for director Clint Eastwood.

"Too bad Clint gets Vietnam and Iraq confused in his storytelling," said Moore. "And that he has his characters calling Iraqis 'savages' throughout the film."

He does end his review on a positive note, though.

"There is also anti-war sentiment expressed in the movie. And there's a touching ending," he posted. "Also, best movie trailer and TV ads of the year."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 07:13 pm
I read that article.
0 Replies