Michael Moore, Hero or Rogue

Sofia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
Guys probably watched Bush's SOTU speech and just listened. Women look for nuances like body language and hesitancy. Beady, shifty eyes and thin lips are a real negative for me! My mom told me never to trust beady eyes and thin lips!

Courtesy of VNN.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:35 pm
Right au, specifically what facts is one disputing and where's the proof that they are untruths. Opinions can't be judged as a truth or untruth until time goes by and proven wrong. Like WMD and al-Queda connections.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:37 pm
You're going clear back to the SOTU. Let's see these comments based on frequency and time table.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:38 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Found this:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=332285&highlight=beady+eyes#332285

Went back four months and found no beady or beady eyes for Bush.

Here's Michael Moore and "fat" in a Google search bring up hundreds of hits (including other "flowery" descriptions). They have no provable argument but they know how to dish out the insults.

Heh, you went back 4 months and couldn't find one yet the link I provided was from April. Comparing the number of A2K posts to Google hits is a an apples/oranges comparison. A Google search of "Bush beady eyes" brings up 6,000+ hits.

People have raised a lot of valid arguments against Moore. You just bury your head in the sand and refuse to believe any of them.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:39 pm
Wrong, au.

LW said he wanted to know what physical features Bush had been criticised for.

It merited an answer.

And, LW, the more time that passes will show that Saddam did share his WMDs... The connection between Saddam and AQ have been documented by the 911 Commission. They just haven't yet linked Saddam to 911... Be patient.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:41 pm
Compared to the Michael Moore, fat of 410,000 plus, that's pretty paltry.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:43 pm
The commission said the one meeting they didn't believe took place. You have patience -- you'll be waiting for the moon to turn blue.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:45 pm
A few months ago, the opposition said there was no way Osama would approach, or work with Saddam.

That was recently disproven...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:49 pm
By whom and where's the emperical evidence?

What you're saying is our intelligence may have been lousy before 9/11 but it's actually not any better and maybe worse because they still can't come up with evidence to prove there was anything more than inferances. Nobody has been able to physically place an Iraqi official sitting or standing side-by-side with an known al-Queda terrorist let alone know what the conseversation may have been.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:49 pm
Sofia, sweet thing. I see you are clutching at straws. There was however, a link established between OSB and Iran. If we should have invaded anyone based upon that evidence it should have been Iran.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:51 pm
Correct, au.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:55 pm
And, here we are back at the top of this big ball.

The Commission did say there was an overture by Osama to Iraq. This is not a straw--It is a stand alone fact. It may have tentacles, it may not. They could not say that Saddam responded....yet. They also could not say that he didn't.

I don't seek to hang the balance of the Iraq War on this fact--merely to assert it as a fact.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:56 pm
At least our intelligence knows Iran would be a more formidable enemy -- we have to attack what our intelligence tells us are the easy targets, preferably those with oil fields.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:59 pm
Was that the 1812 Overture by Osama bin Laden?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:00 pm
Don't forget the pretzel incident - he actually blacked out, only one minute away from President Richard Cheney!! "Call off the sharp-shooters. He did himself in!!"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:01 pm
Well, I can see where this is headed and I'm headed out to a birthday party in Newport Beach for some fun. Not having any here.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:09 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
From Variety -- a plate of crow for Disney

Not really.

Disney didn't refuse to distribute the film because they thought it would be a boxoffice bomb.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:11 pm
The thing that I can't understand is that Moore trashes everything about America and Americans, and his adoring fans just soak it up and accept it all as gospel truth. If I held so low an opinion of my country I could be moving to one of those more noble places as fast as I could pack.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:36 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The thing that I can't understand is that Moore trashes everything about America and Americans, and his adoring fans just soak it up and accept it all as gospel truth. If I held so low an opinion of my country I could be moving to one of those more noble places as fast as I could pack.

You would think so, but it isn't so much about abhorring America as a combination of feeling superior to other Americans, and kissing Euro-Ass.

The Left in America, being largely made up of pseudo-intellectuals, craves the approval of Europeans.

Meanwhile tired old Europe wants to believe that the country that has taken the world from them can not possibly be superior to them in any way but military might.

The convenient intersection is America Bashing.

It's really quite sad since no matter how hard the American Left tries, they
remain simply Americans to the European Left.

One can almost forgive Europe for its disdain of America, but not so the American Left. There's nothing wrong with criticizing one's government, but there is something unsavory about doing it on foreign soil. Moore takes it a step further and criticizes his fellow Americans - which the Europeans eat up like cotton candy.

Defenders of Moore will say that he is not tied to any nationalistic identity, but is rather more of a world citizen working for the benefit of the globe. This, in spite of the fact that he is constantly declaring the extent of his American patriotism. But I guess I'm just to dense to understand how belittling the American people to foreign audiences is truly patriotic.

It's quite ironic that they the American Left so closely resembles the House Slaves of the dark days of American plantations: Lauding it over their brethren in the fields but still seen as chattel by their masters.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:34 pm
Saying Michael Moore hates Americans doesn't jibe with the film I saw on Friday night or Bowling for Columbine. As with politics, it is much better to go straight to the source instead of letting critics or kibbitzers on a2k telling you what to think.

It is amazing that people will talk knowingly about a film they have never seen. What could be more foolish?

Go see the film, I dare you.
0 Replies