Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:43 pm
Hi fellas

(1) The original power wire (having probably corroded from old age) gone west in two places within the original buried conduit , eventually I’d like to run new power cable from the station at the north end of the house to the cabaña, (see how clever my grasp of Mac software) at the west end of our pool but I don’t understand the Sunday circular ads. For instance does “18/5-Gauge Low-Voltage Sprinkler Wire" mean 5 conductors of 18 gage each

Seems strange ‘cuz you’d expect ‘em to be pushing 6-conductor 'cuz doesn't each power pair require a ground

Yes, no, I realize 18-gage might not be heavy enough, it was just a typical example

But I’m curious if typical "outdoor" power cable is okay for burial and if not what do you call the kind that is suitable Yes I know I’m s’posed to use conduit, but to hell with that, as I have only 5 more years left to go

(2) I’m not about to replace the entire swamp cooler outside our barn-loft visiting quarters ‘cuz of a tiny leak so I want to coat just the inside surface of the bottom tray. There’s a spray substance recently advertised on tv, two cans for $20 that I’m sure will do the job (surely you’ve seen it). But does it really spray or just jet

Or would a brush-on product be more practical/feasible; in what case I’m thinking of something like black roofing tar though there might be something better

Thanks guys for saving me all the trouble of ploughing through 4,444,098 Google hits
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 574 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 08:23 pm
@dalehileman,
My advice is to consult with your son when he comes for the visit and also works on your computer for you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 09:35 pm
@dalehileman,
If you coat the bottom pan, it needs to be squeaky clean, and it isn't as much fun as it probably sounds.

Next time, get plastic, even though it's grossly overpriced.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 10:54 am
@roger,
Quote:
.....it needs to be squeaky clean, and it isn't as much fun.........
Doubtless Rog you're right and I don't look fwd to the task

Quote:
Next time, get plastic.......
Thanks Rog for this suggestion. Since I have only 5 remaining years, I'm hoping my "quickie" will see me out
0 Replies