What do you think about world?

Leadfoot

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:37 am
@FBM,
What's with the Bronze Age stories? I haven't mentioned any as proof. I occasionally note that the bible has some interesting parallels with both science and common sense, but never as proof.

As far as pottery and arrow heads, I could recognize them as having been created artifacts even if I had zero knowledge of early humans. That is pretty close to the truth too, I'm more into engineering, physics and biology.

I would say that your proof is your insatiable need to have your world view reinforced by attacking oposing views. I suspect you will never escape that and it will be a constant reminder for you to keep looking.
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:40 am
@FBM,
Agreed..thanks FBM
FBM

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:43 am
@Leadfoot,
You're using old and tired creationist approaches. Dodge and weave and obfuscate. You want to back up your belief in a divine creator but run for the hills when evidence is requested. Please surprise me with evidence that such an entity exists.
FBM

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:44 am
@mikeymojo,
Cheers, dude.
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:51 am
@Leadfoot,
As far as the book part is concerned: yes you are right, if God could create the universe then a book should be much easier to create. If you can name ONE book that God has created on His own, without having Man actually physically writting it, pressing it, and distributing it, I will concede defeat.
anthony1312002

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:37 pm
@mikeymojo,
Actually, the Creator has chosen the best way of comunicating with man by not writing the Bible himself. By using humans to write down his thoughts he made it possible to relate to him. For example, when describing himself at 2 Chronicles 16:9 Jehovah had the writer use the expression, ''For the eyes of Jehovah are roving about throughtout all the earth.'' By using the descriptive term '' eyes '' ,he makes it easier for humans to relate to him. He had things recorded in a way that would appeal to the way humans process things and not in terms that would clearly be over our heads.
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:41 pm
@anthony1312002,
So..the creator can directly communicate His message in a way that a prophet can understand but not everyone else? I don't buy it.

The best way that the creator could communicate and relate with humans would be to walk up to us humans and talk to us humans face to face. As we all know face to face meetings are the most relatable and accurate way we communicate. That is why jury trials are held in a courtroom and not over the internet. If anything the creator has chosen the worst way to communicate with man. What makes more sense, communicating directly from the source or communicating from the source of the source of the source?
anthony1312002

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 02:23 pm
@mikeymojo,
That was the way he communicated when the Bible was being compiled. But he no longer communicates in this manner despite the many claims to the contrary. And regarding his using the method, it has proven to be much more reliable that any jury. On the whole the Bible has been successful in reaching more of earth's population than any other medium prior to the electronic age, and now even more so since the Bible could be found in electronic form in more than 115 langugages.

For example, this website, JW.org, has been translated into more than 730 languages, providing access to Bible literature in these languages. It has made possible the uniting of over 8 million people and countless others in the same beliefs and love for mankind regardless of culture, race or ethnic background. Yes, all of this has been made possible because of this means used by the Creator to communicate with mankind.
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:03 pm
@anthony1312002,
So what exactly is keeping the creator from coming to my front door? And don't say that it's me, I'd welcome it, invite it in and listen to what it had to say. The issue has never been the bibles ability to sway people over. It's been that the bible is the only evidence of this creator's existence, which is circumstantial at best. Not everyone is gullible enough to believe it's existence on blind faith and what a group of people wrote 2,000 years ago.
Dropship

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:04 pm
Mikeymojo asked- "So what exactly is keeping the creator from coming to my front door?...The best way that the creator could communicate and relate with humans would be to walk up and talk to us face to face."
-----------------------------------------------------

Maybe he's not a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon?
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:31 pm
@Dropship,
Nice one Romeo. I know some people will disagee with me on this but it's nice to have your comedy around. Welcome back
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:55 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
You're using old and tired creationist approaches. Dodge and weave and obfuscate. You want to back up your belief in a divine creator but run for the hills when evidence is requested. Please surprise me with evidence that such an entity exists.

Other than life and the universe, I got bupkis.
But there is me here telling you I've experienced him. A soul witness so to speak.
neologist

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:00 pm
@mikeymojo,
PM me your address and I'll send a representative.
Very Happy
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:12 pm
@neologist,
Thanks for the offer Neo. Trust me I get enough JW representives. In fact I supervise over three JW's at work. Very nice people, I never have any problems with them. They keep to themselves. I can't say the same of the Catholic and Lutheran majorities though. They aren't bad people, just a tad egotistical.
mikeymojo

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
@mikeymojo,
I should point out that I don't believe that all Catholics and Lutheran's are egotistical. Just a majority in the small town in Northern Wisconsin that I live in. Very traditional culture up here.
0 Replies

Dropship

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:23 pm
Two young Mormon chaps once came up to me in Plymouth (England) city centre and said- "Excuse me sir, but what do you know about the Lord Jesus Christ?", and I replied- "I think I heard somewhere that he was the Son of God".
"Yes that's exactly right!" they said, "would you like to come to a cafe with us to discuss it some more?"
But I had to get to the computer shop so politely declined their offer.
But if they'd have been young lady mormons, I might have postponed my shop visit and gone off with them..Wink

Another time I was at home in my 3rd floor flat in Plymouth when the street doorbell rang, I was expecting the electricity meter reader so I released the lock and began making my way down the communal stairwell to meet him, but heard a welter of voices in the lobby, so i stopped and called out "Is that the meter man?".
Back came the reply "No, we're Jehovah's Witnesses", and their footsteps kept coming up the stairs, so I tiptoed back into my flat and quietly locked the door.
"I could hear their puzzled voices asking each other "Which flat let us in? ", and they went back out confused.
I peeped out my window and watched them walking off, they were two men and two dishy women. I kept hoping the women would come back on their own so I could have entertained them to tea, but they never did (sniffle)
FBM

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
@Leadfoot,

Other than life and the universe, I got bupkis.
But there is me here telling you I've experienced him. A soul witness so to speak.

And there are a lot of people who have borne "soul witness" to their experience with Sun Myung Moon as being Jesus. You're going to need more than personal anecdotes in order to be more convincing than all the other people with competing religious claims. At least Raƫlian chicks show their norks in public, so if I'm going to be attracted to a religion, it'd probably be them.
Leadfoot

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:02 pm
@FBM,
Good luck with the chicks :-)
Dropship

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:05 pm
FBM said- "there are a lot of people who have borne "soul witness" to their experience with Sun Myung Moon as being Jesus"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If he's Jesus, I'm Nanny McPhee..Smile
neologist

Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:44 pm
@Dropship,
I think that's because FBM and Sun Myung Moon have a Korean connection.
That would be the only connection, as I see it.
0 Replies