ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 07:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From the light check I made re the place that took over - obviously I have no idea.
I'm talking memories.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:05 pm
@thehamster,
Sent my editorial approval to the following Urban Dictionary submission:
Quote:
sushi affair
When you cheat on your pregnant wife or girlfriend by having sushi behind her back. Women are advised to avoid raw meats and fish with mercury during pregnancy, and sometimes opt to force their men into doing the same.

Don't tell Marcie, but I'm really craving some fish and wasabi. I think I'm gonna have to pull a sushi affair.
by Sculldor on Nov 22, 2011

tags: sushi cheat, sashimi affair, sashimi cheat, sushi perfidy, sashimi perfidy
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Had some pretty good sushi at a Sushi-Thai restaurant in Hamburg. Wink With beer, of coarse!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 06:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
None of my business but did you meet McTag and Walter and Ulla? (flush with envy)

So, I also remember liking eel at a good sushi place.. delicious, however they did that.

I don't think I described my run in with raw oysters on this thread.
In short, at Mismaloya beach in the early seventies. Boyfriend and I offered a treat from the beach bar by people from Mexico City - I've never been so sick as I was soon, will not describe. I avoid all raw oysters since, probably an over reaction - Mismaloya is south of a (then and maybe now) questionable river outlet..
Fried up as in Fujian (Fukanese?) fried oysters, great.
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 06:37 pm
@ossobuco,
There is a new sushi palace that has opened in AVONDALE PA. Its called SUSHI HANA. They present weird sushi combinations (Cactus and pomegrnate rolls that are slightly fried and served on a plate with some of the most creative decorations Ive ever seen in sushi. I had one the other week where the roll was made up of leek hearts sorrel stems and teriyakid shrimp in a big roll with salmon eggs on the surface. The sculpture was made of pea pods and was of a dragonfly sitting on the roll with a series of radish florets next to it set in a cucumber Too pretty to eat and (As I usually am) I thought WOW, there must have been a lot of hands working on that one.
I had an accompanying plate of sweet potato sushi and a nice seaweed salad.
I dont know why we deserve this in Lancaster and Chester Counties
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Fujien is what we used to call Fukien. Just like Beijing was Peking.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 06:39 pm
@farmerman,
Yeh, that's the place. Restaurant in an oldie part of LA's chinatown. I've no idea if that's still there, or if the rest of that area is still there. (schniff)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, spent a couple of days with McT, Mrs McT, Walter & Ulla. It was great, and we all had a good time. We even made Murphy happy.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:53 pm
I’ve loved sushi ever since I was a kid. When I was younger I would fly to San Francisco with my parents and we would go to the Sushi Boat or Mays Oyster House. I remember having four dozen oysters and that was my dinner!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:57 pm
@farmerman,
Wooo, I think it's a sign. Upscale is fingering in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:59 pm
@jcboy,
Haven't had sushi in sf and I'm sure there are uncountable places.. (I follow the chronicle food stuff but not all the time).

This means I need to go back..
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
San Francisco would have been my first choice when I was deciding where I wanted to move. If I had a million dollars I actually could have moved there. On my last visit before moving to Florida I saw a studio apt for rent, it was only 3,500.00 a month with street parking only, yeah right!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:08 pm
@jcboy,
I love the whole area, don't get me started..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:13 pm
@jcboy,
If I had a million dollars I'd ...

... stay right here in NYC. The sushi here is more then fine.
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
You must have it then, isn't NYC the most expensive city to live in? I heard something along that line, thought SF was second.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:22 pm
@jcboy,
Okay... I'm living life on the razer's edge but I live a fair life in Queens, albeit a not so glamourous life at that.

I'm staying out of love for the city and partly for a promise I made to a friend many years ago.
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
But it’s what you make of it and you still live in NY, I like that. Wink
Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:44 pm
@jcboy,
You wagyu.
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:58 pm
@Miss L Toad,
Me no speak Italiano.