Has Anyone Since Buddha Reached Nirvana, Really?

JLNobody

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Good post. The variable of our level of evolution is something we always ignore.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 06:40 am
@JLNobody,
Thanks, JL.

As an aside, one of my speculations is that POSSIBLY we are the most (or nearly most) evolved beings in the universe.

It may be that all evolving beings take the same path we have...which may mean that invariably they end up at a point where their technological evolution (which seems to increase geometrically or exponentially) out-distances their philosophical evolution (which increases arithmetically). Perhaps all evolving entities come to the point where they are able to destroy all life on their planet...before coming to the point where they are philosophically highly unlikely to do so. Maybe nothing gets past where we are.

Bam!

0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 12:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Although I have not done the work of looking up examples for you, I hope I've provided enough to either "shut you up" or at least get you the hell off my back.

Mmmnyeah, i'll get off your back. For now, at least. Smile

PS:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Thanks, JL.

As an aside, one of my speculations is that POSSIBLY we are the most (or nearly most) evolved beings in the universe.

It may be that all evolving beings take the same path we have...which may mean that invariably they end up at a point where their technological evolution (which seems to increase geometrically or exponentially) out-distances their philosophical evolution (which increases arithmetically). Perhaps all evolving entities come to the point where they are able to destroy all life on their planet...before coming to the point where they are philosophically highly unlikely to do so. Maybe nothing gets past where we are.

Bam!

Great post...
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:42 am
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Although I have not done the work of looking up examples for you, I hope I've provided enough to either "shut you up" or at least get you the hell off my back.

Thanks. Ummm...I realize I went too far in that last comment. I apologize. Wink

Quote:
PS:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Thanks, JL.

Bam!

Great post...

Thanks again.

I hope it is not that way in the universe. I hope others have gotten past this self-destructive behavior that we humans exhibit...and have made a much better, less fear-filled world for themselves.
Razzleg

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 01:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Razzleg wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Thanks. Ummm...I realize I went too far in that last comment. I apologize. Wink

No apology needed. You've never been harder on me than i've been on you. What the hell, we've both been hard on one another at times, and that is not a big deal -- not on these ridiculous forums.

Frank Apisa wrote:

I hope it is not that way in the universe. I hope others have gotten past this self-destructive behavior that we humans exhibit...and have made a much better, less fear-filled world for themselves.

i hope so, too...
0 Replies

WhyAmI

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:01 pm
@tcis,
I did, but only for a second, well it could have been hours, but it felt like seconds and the effects of seeing it stayed with me for years, all the universe made perfect sense and all things are connected in circles and waves which are the same thing it didn't matter trees, structures, planets, knowing or unknowingly everything operates around or in the radius of those circles there are no gaps, no uneven sections, its not very explainable. take an arch, there is the air/energy/call it what you want, i'm going to call it energy, the same energy above and below the arch and through the arch all connected like a giant puzzle of circles, how can their be one under the ground? yes? it continues but is the same while not being the same. Seems like by design it is not explainable, i tried to write it down once, but the universe wouldn't let me. I would get to the finite point and as i wrote it and one of the previous line would come out bringing me back into the fold of the circle. even after i left that state, for years i could sense danger and negative energy, from far, not like i would read someone and it would be a guess off previous experiences, like, i would command people to stop in their tracks they'd say why, id say annnnnddddd now and point to the intersection, and the danger would fly by as tho i was commanding it, i was young couldnt really tell if i was along for the ride, driving, or just loosing my mind, its was terrifingly powerful, it would cause me to tremble at times, I dont scare easy. I couldnt handle the fear that came with this power and after years of practice, I pridicted the lottory, won $100,000 dollars, didnt cash it. The chaos has a method but its madding to grasp an understanding, I concentrated on defining the signs, refusing my gift, its silent now, seemingly forever, ive tried to turn in back on but alas, nothing, i cant tell the diffrence between fear, angzitey, and the energy, i coudlnt live like that, so i turned it off in a way. its maddening because everything is connected, hence everything is a different indication of something else. I could never get back to nirvana but i could if i concentrated see the circles, but only in small sections pitucurally at night where i could manipulate the light, i also used to like to move clouds around, i know you think im crazy, so did we all, even after i proved it over and over some people embraced it, pitcurally people liked when i made the tv have a completely coherent message out of the television by merely introducing chaos, but i couldnt,the parlour tricks didnt help only added guilt, i was a human radar detector, was even a nick name, but alas its off, and cannot be turned on. I've tried but nothing, its important that if you want to achive this you have to understand you don't know ****. plain and simple, the fact that language of foul, or my grammar distracts you from my energy transfer to you, is just a small example of the multitude of things that you have to surrender, you are not what you think you are. we arnt. God, Countries, physics, light, electricity, reality isnt what you think it is, but thats just it, reality is that what you choose to accept it is. Im lucky by your standards, cursed by mine, also a natural lucid dreamer idk if that played into it or not. im sorry i cannot edit anymore this conversation has made me somewhat faint.
0 Replies

hayzeboy

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 10:09 am
@JLNobody,
very interesting, there is a place meditation sends you, it was everything, it was a feeling of good and incredible joy and cleansing, crying my eyes out literally floods of tears with joy, it was very powerful, afterwards i was taken back and was totally exhausted and was still crying at what had happened. I can say if the rest of the world would take time to find this and experience it, this world would be 100% different. its like a healing process.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 12:19 pm
@hayzeboy,
hayzeboy wrote:

very interesting, there is a place meditation sends you, it was everything, it was a feeling of good and incredible joy and cleansing, crying my eyes out literally floods of tears with joy, it was very powerful, afterwards i was taken back and was totally exhausted and was still crying at what had happened. I can say if the rest of the world would take time to find this and experience it, this world would be 100% different. its like a healing process.

Yeah...there are "Christians" who claim the world would be 100% different (in a positive way) if all the rest of the world would "find" god.
0 Replies

No1nptkulr

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 09:20 am
@shepaints,
Remember what it is like to live every second with no judgment toward any others. Do not look for outside stimulus. You are what you think. Being awake is the most wonderful experience and gets better each day. Above all, Remember to truly love.
0 Replies

tejano

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:59 pm
@tcis,
buddha is a title, which means the enlighten one, that means that anybody who attains nirvana is a buddha, same as with Christ which is another title given to Jesus. So the question is how many buddhas there have been, and the question is only one which is the first one to discover it. So there is no need to rediscover nirvana because one person already did it, like you cannot discover america again, Columbus already did. So this is why the Buddha gave us instructions to how to follow the path to nirvana, and you have many life times to achieve this and once you do it there is no need to go through the cycle of death and rebirth and you have two options, either to obtain buddhahood and live eternal life or to come back to the cycle of death and rebirth as a bodhisattva and show others the path to nirvana. And once you obtain nirvana you will know for sure and will decide if to stay in nirvana or continue to live in this world of pain and suffering but being aware of nirvana and helping others how to be free from pain and suffering.
ekename

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 12:10 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 05:05 am
I just did now!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 01:55 pm
Humanity will reach enlightenment when it comes to notice that Theoretical Physics has been for the most part a very expensive form of Philosophy.
Better conceptual frames and constraints will greatly reduce the costs by removing conceptual confusion delusion and nonsense out of the Inquiry big pot.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:09 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Humanity will reach enlightenment when it comes to notice that Theoretical Physics has been for the most part a very expensive form of Philosophy.
Better conceptual frames and constraints will greatly reduce the costs by removing conceptual confusion delusion and nonsense out of the Inquiry big pot.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 07:36 pm
Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 08:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I miss JLN
Razzleg

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 12:30 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

I miss JLN

Me, too, although maybe not for the same reasons. He made it clear in our last interaction that he despised me, but he was a positive influence on this forum and i enjoyed reading his posts. JLN was interesting and insightful, for sure.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:19 am
@Razzleg,
JLN and I rarely agree on any topic. Still I miss his gentle manners and attitude on the forum. Hope he is doing fine.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 03:35 pm
@tejano,
tejano wrote:

buddha is a title, which means the enlighten one, that means that anybody who attains nirvana is a buddha, same as with Christ which is another title given to Jesus. So the question is how many buddhas there have been, and the question is only one which is the first one to discover it. So there is no need to rediscover nirvana because one person already did it, like you cannot discover america again, Columbus already did. So this is why the Buddha gave us instructions to how to follow the path to nirvana, and you have many life times to achieve this and once you do it there is no need to go through the cycle of death and rebirth and you have two options, either to obtain buddhahood and live eternal life or to come back to the cycle of death and rebirth as a bodhisattva and show others the path to nirvana. And once you obtain nirvana you will know for sure and will decide if to stay in nirvana or continue to live in this world of pain and suffering but being aware of nirvana and helping others how to be free from pain and suffering.

Siddhartha was not the first or only Buddha. There have been many before him however; he was the first in this saha world.

There have been Buddhas after Sakyamuni as well. If there were not any then what would be the point of the dharma? Every being is at a different stage and have different capacity of wisdom and compassion.

The underline fundamental reality is that all beings are already Buddhas however; they have not realized it yet. There are mental formations that get in the way of this realization.

There is a specific practice that can be taken up which helps align the mind to realize this truth. This is the point of the Dharma.
0 Replies

Xocolatl

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:28 am
Who knows if the Buddha reached Nirvana?

He said so yes, and he had lots of interesting things to say. Many I agree with more than any other religion. Yet we have to take the man's word for it; and that's that.

Same for the prophets of other religions and cults we have today. All their leaders claim to know God and have reached their own ''enlightenment''.

In the end I think they are all true and all false at the same time, because our reality is what we make of it.