Has Anyone Since Buddha Reached Nirvana, Really?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 11:23 pm
@JLNobody,
Complex is an understatement. 2 Cents
swingtrade2

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 01:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,

What 'you' are searching for is doing the looking. Man is God in drag.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 07:34 pm
I have illuminated Buddah idol before. Love takes wisdom, the relationship of enlightenment and nirvana.
swingtrade2

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:12 am
@MWal,
What is this claimed I? Relationship is an idea. All ideas come and go. Yet YOU remain.
Razzleg

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence. Do you?

ok, i get it...your choice of font size has finally succeeded.

Frank Apisa wrote:
If you also do not know...what is your problem with me acknowledging that I do not know?

i also don't have a problem with your ignorance, or mine (and i've got plenty of it). But you keep imposing the dictates of your self-prescribed ignorance as a hindrance on the path of the various thought experiments, speculations, and errant ideas of others every time you post. Why bother...what do you get out of it?

No, seriously, why are you participating in this forum?

swingtrade2

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:29 am
@Razzleg,
participation is being done by no one.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:36 am
I saw him (Nirvana) drive past by me 100 miles an hour...bastard !
Call the cops !
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:41 am
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence. Do you?

ok, i get it...your choice of font size has finally succeeded.

Frank Apisa wrote:
If you also do not know...what is your problem with me acknowledging that I do not know?

i also don't have a problem with your ignorance, or mine (and i've got plenty of it). But you keep imposing the dictates of your self-prescribed ignorance as a hindrance on the path of the various thought experiments, speculations, and errant ideas of others every time you post. Why bother...what do you get out of it?

No, seriously, why are you participating in this forum?

What makes you think that I attempt to hinder any kind of speculation at all??? I engage in speculation and guessing myself...often. I listen to what others speculate and guess.

What I often challenge are speculations and guesses about what the REALITY is...when presented as indisputable fact...as revelation from on high.

It is necessary to challenge that kind of thing, Razz...so I am baffled by your point here.

Fil was questioning me on that...and I answered him completely.

As for why I participate in this forum...it is because I find the subject incredibly interesting and because I want to participate.
MWal

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 02:35 pm
@swingtrade2,
Relationships are two selfs bonded together by genotypical nature. Love is two eternal parallel impermanent souls.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I consider myself similar to Frank insofar as I am pessimistic about our prospects for attaining absolute knowledge of the nature of objective reality Unlike Frank, I do not consider our problem to be merely a temporary inabiity to solve an epistemological problem that is purely technical; I see our problem as fundamentally ontological. We cannot answer our absolutist questions by virtue of our very nature. I see our prospect for truth(s) to be the attainment of constructed/provisional conclusions about the world as we define and participate within it. Moreover, we do so in ways reflective of our physical and cultural constitutions. So our truths are always humanistic, contextual and relativistic in that sense. And they are often "merely" pragmatic solutions to practical problems.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:24 pm
@MWal,
Swinger, how can you considier love to be eternal (a synonym for permanent) yet a relatlionship between impermanent souls. I agree that we are impermanent, but so is everything else abouto us, including our loves. Why are they genotypical rather than phenotypical?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:33 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I consider myself similar to Frank insofar as I am pessimistic about our prospects for attaining absolute knowledge of the nature of objective reality Unlike Frank, I do not consider our problem to be merely a temporary inabiity to solve an epistemological problem that is purely technical; I see our problem as fundamentally ontological. We cannot answer our absolutist questions by virtue of our very nature. I see our prospect for truth(s) to be the attainment of constructed/provisional conclusions about the world as we define and participate within it. Moreover, we do so in ways reflective of our physical and cultural constitutions. So our truths are always humanistic, contextual and relativistic in that sense. And they are often "merely" pragmatic solutions to practical problems.

I just want to go on record as saying that I think it incredibly presumptuous of any of us to think that humans are evolved enough to be able to conceive of the Ultimate REALITY...let alone figure out what it actually is.

We may be!

We may be the most evolved living creatures in the entire universe. That certainly is not impossible.

But the most advanced and evolved living thing (whether us or something else) may not ever be able to account for what is going on here.

Just sayin'.
Razzleg

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 06:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

What makes you think that I attempt to hinder any kind of speculation at all???

...because that is all i have seen you do.

Frank Apisa wrote:
I engage in speculation and guessing myself...often. I listen to what others speculate and guess...

i'm glad that you do, but you've never done so on this forum.

Frank Apisa wrote:
What I often challenge are speculations and guesses about what the REALITY is...when presented as indisputable fact...as revelation from on high.

It is necessary to challenge that kind of thing, Razz.

No ,it's not necessary, not in every case...

Frank Apisa wrote:
As for why I participate in this forum...it is because I find the subject incredibly interesting and because I want to participate.

How am i to know that? You've never actually asked a genuine question on this forum, or waffled on a judgement, or offered a theory, or a speculation, or an idea about the true nature of the reality of existence...at least not that i've seen. All i've seen you do is trip up others' threads, without the least desire to help.

You say that you want to participate...then, do so. But the only way you're "participating" right now is as an obdurate, conversational bully.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:40 pm
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

What makes you think that I attempt to hinder any kind of speculation at all???

...because that is all i have seen you do.

I've never done it...so I doubt that is correct.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I engage in speculation and guessing myself...often. I listen to what others speculate and guess...

i'm glad that you do, but you've never done so on this forum.

I've done it many, many times. Not sure why you have missed it.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

It is necessary to challenge that kind of thing, Razz.

No ,it's not necessary, not in every case...

Well...I do not do it in every case, although I acknowledge that I think it might be valuable to do it in every case. But at times I just feel it is not worth the trouble to compose the post.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

How am i to know that? You've never actually asked a genuine question on this forum, or waffled on a judgement, or offered a theory, or a speculation, or an idea about the true nature of the reality of existence...at least not that i've seen. All i've seen you do is trip up others' threads, without the least desire to help.

Once again, I have done it often. When I make guesses (what you call judgements)...I offer them as guesses...not as fact or revelation. And I ask many "genuine questions." I intend to end my comments here with one. Perhaps you will answer it.

Quote:
You say that you want to participate...then, do so. But the only way you're "participating" right now is as an obdurate, conversational bully.

I am none of those things...and I do participate...often with what I consider relevant and reasonable comments, Razz. I have no idea of what is bothering you about me or my conduct, but that is yours to deal with.

If you have a particular question of me on any of these items...ask it and I will attempt to answer it reasonably. If you prefer to just take unwarranted shots at me...that is okay with me also.
Razzleg

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
i sense that you feel that i am maligning you, that was not my intent.

But...would you mind reaching into your personal post archive and quoting a post where you asked a genuine question on this forum, or waffled on a judgement, or offered a theory, or a speculation, or an idea about the true nature of the reality of existence? Because i can't seem to find one...or at least not one that wasn't designed as an insult to to one of your interlocutors. If you could provide an example it would cerrtainly shut me up...
Razzleg

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Once again, I have done it often. When I make guesses (what you call judgements)...I offer them as guesses...not as fact or revelation. And I ask many "genuine questions." I intend to end my comments here with one. Perhaps you will answer it.

I am none of those things...and I do participate...often with what I consider relevant and reasonable comments, Razz. I have no idea of what is bothering you about me or my conduct, but that is yours to deal with.

If you have a particular question of me on any of these items...ask it and I will attempt to answer it reasonably. If you prefer to just take unwarranted shots at me...that is okay with me also.

You didn't end your comment with a question...do you have anything you'd like to ask?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 08:20 am
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:

i sense that you feel that i am maligning you, that was not my intent.

Actually, I saw your post as contemptuous of me. You have that right...and I truly honor your right to do so. If your intentions were not to be contemptuous...you failed.

Quote:
But...would you mind reaching into your personal post archive and quoting a post where you asked a genuine question on this forum, or waffled on a judgement, or offered a theory, or a speculation, or an idea about the true nature of the reality of existence? Because i can't seem to find one...or at least not one that wasn't designed as an insult to to one of your interlocutors. If you could provide an example it would cerrtainly shut me up...

I'm not going to go through that trouble, Razz...but I will give examples here of each thing you've asked...and if you go through the trouble of looking, you will find several examples of each.

Quote:
...would you mind reaching into your personal post archive and quoting a post where you asked a genuine question on this forum...

When someone asserts something that I think cannot logically be asserted...I often ask the "genuine question": How do you know that...or is it simply a guess or speculation that you are presenting as fact?

I have asked that genuine question...and related questions (i.e., what are the factors that lead you to that conclusion) ....thousands upon thousands of times.

Quote:
...or waffled on a judgement...

My guess is that damn near every "judgement" I've ever offered in this forum has been offered with the proviso..."I think"...and very often with the words "but I may be wrong" added. THOUSANDS OF TIMES. That is waffling, Razz.

And when I have been wrong in something I've offered...invariably I acknowledge I am wrong and apologize...something I have done many, many times.

In fact, about the only thing I do not waffle on is when I say that I do not know something. If I do not know something...I simply do not know it.

Quote:
...or offered a theory, or a speculation, or an idea about the true nature of the reality of existence...

I have offered on several occasions that the non-duality stance of Neo and Fresco seem the most compelling to me.

I have mentioned that "whatever is...IS" no matter what we speculate about the REALITY.

I have mentioned that the deficiencies of the human mind may be such that any realistic speculations about REALITY may be like an ant contemplating what we refer to as the cosmos. (So actually offering theories or speculations about the true nature of the REALITY of existence, although interesting and entertaining, is a bit presumptuous, which is why I do not offer such speculations often.)

Quote:
Because i can't seem to find one...or at least not one that wasn't designed as an insult to to one of your interlocutors. If you could provide an example it would cerrtainly shut me up...

I do occasionally insult someone who has first insulted me in some way or another...but for the most part I attempt not to be gratuitously insulting...although I probably will end this posting with a comment that may seem that way.

Sorry you have not been able to see any of these things...but I guarantee that they are there in abundance, Razz...if you do take the time to look for them. Or just look for them in the future.

Although I have not done the work of looking up examples for you, I hope I've provided enough to either "shut you up" or at least get you the hell off my back.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 08:22 am
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

You didn't end your comment with a question...do you have anything you'd like to ask?

You are correct, I neglected to do so, Razz. I apologize.

I see, though, that the almost-question in my penultimate comment of "If you have a particular question of me on any of these items...ask it and I will attempt to answer it reasonably" was offered. I hope my answers above helped.

By the way...I often have to look through posts for other reasons...and if that happens today and I find any examples the things mentioned above that just happen to pop up, I send 'em along to you.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:04 pm
@JLNobody,
By impermanent I mean a state of flux. Nothing would be no fluctuation , death is not ever changing.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:05 pm
@JLNobody,
By impermanent I mean a state of flux. Nothing would be no fluctuation , death is not ever changing.

Loves true power is eternal for Perfection.
0 Replies