US ed system enforces Einsteinian dogmas

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:41 pm
http://www.naturalphilosophy.org/site/rogeranderton/2015/03/24/einstein-dogma-enforced-by-american-education-system/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 561 • Replies: 3
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:47 pm
@gungasnake,
Criminy! I hate offsite links.
How about an abstract?
gungasnake

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:19 pm
@neologist,
Consider what Einstein was trying to do, i.e. adjust modern physics to account for the presumed failure of the MM experiment and the equally presumed refusal of light to obey normal additive laws for velocities...

And so Emperor Ming (from Mongo) goes by in this gigantic space ship which is 10 LY long and a LY wide and, to tell time, he has mirrors on both side of the ship a LY apart; he holds a flashlight on front of the one and aims it at the other, and turns the light on for about 20 seconds, and you get this 20 LS beam of light bouncing back and forth between the mirrors forever, i.e. Einstein's mirror clock.

Now, Ming sees the light beam travel one LY in one year and tells time that way but he's going by us at .5 C; we see the beam travel considerably further in that same year since we need to add the two vector components for the distance the beam actually traveled.

Normally we'd assume that this greater distance was due to the beam we saw simply traveling faster i.e. that we'd need to add the proper component of the ship's motion to the velocity of the beam but, wait a minute, we all just agreed that light doesn't obey that sort of law!! The only thing that leave is believing that time itself simply is proceeding differently for us and for Ming i.e. Voila! relativity and deformable time!!! Nobel prizes everywhere!!!!

But wait a minute again: In space, there is no difference whatever between you passing ME at 100mph, and me passing YOU at 100mph going the other way!!!!

Not only did time just slow down for Ming wrt us, but it just slowed down for us wrt Ming at the same time!!!!!

I mean, didn't somebody in the room back there in 1912 or whatever need to stand up and yell "HEY, THAT'S BULLSHIT!!" or something like that while the opportunity was there??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 09:28 pm
That's also why Italians say that the Fazool is the fastest car made i.e. because nothing can 'pass da fazool'... I.e. you no sooner pass the Fazool at 100 mph and the Fazool has passed YOU at 100 going the other way.....
0 Replies