Electric Panel Question - Old Federal Pacific

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 12:17 pm
125 amp svc. I have (2) 60 amp breakers in my panel that each have a single black wire coming off of each , and the two wires go directly to the bus (power section), where other breakers would go, and are soldered to it. I have pictures if needed. What are these for? There are no other wires coming off the breakers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,266 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 12:19 pm
@Baba Booey,
I'm purely guessing but I think they're there for any future expansion.
Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:57 pm
@Baba Booey,
You will notice that besides the two 60 amp breakers, which is called a "double pole breaker", there are other breakers on their side and possible one or two spaces down.

All this group of about six to eight breakers are independent. They mostly control circuits like the AC, the stove, the furnace, the hot water heater, the water pumps, the garbage disposal, and similar.

Under this group of breakers, the rest of breakers are controlled by the double pole 60 amp breaker.

Then, when you cut off the power of the house (the 60 amp double breaker controlling the electrical outlets and lights), the independent breakers will stay On.

If you want no electric power at all in your house, then you must cut off the rest of "independent" breakers as well.

0 Replies
Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 06:55 am
Pardon my useless guess.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Main Breaker Tripped 2x - Question by decadent
240 Why - Question by lenchase
Electrical Wiring Question - Question by cdime
electrical showers - Question by grains93
6000W cooktop circuit - Question by 1hairycanary
Tempory power supply - Question by 51 nelson
  1. Forums
  2. » Electric Panel Question - Old Federal Pacific
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2021 at 12:14:54