blood stains on satin drapes

pslane

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:24 pm
About 2-3 weeks ago, I hung some white satin full length drapes and forgot I had just scraped my shin moments before. The drapes brushed across my shin and I have about 3 small stains on the drapes. I've been afraid of trying to remove them until I searched for the best way. There must be something on the market I could buy for this type of stain.

I don't want to take them down to clean the blood stain so I hope somebody knows of a way or a product to help me.
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,692 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:34 pm
@pslane,
You've let the stain sit there for 2 - 3 weeks?
If the drapes were expensive, you should bring them to a dry cleaner.
Otherwise you could try a salt/water solution. Salt usually dissolves the protein in blood, but after such a long time - who knows!?!
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
Hydrogen Peroxide should bubble it if you dab it with a cotton ball but then it has to be rinsed with cold water. Are they synthetic satin? The peroxide will get it out, but I'd worry about the water leaving a mark. I checked my 'Haley's Cleaning Hints' and he suggests if it's real Satin or silk, having them professionally cleaned is your best bet. I'd try the peroxide on the back of the hem, someplace unnoticeable, but that's me. And I'd do research on any cleaner that says they can clean the satin without doing any damage.

Good Luck
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 03:34 am
Hydrogen peroxide is a bleach.
0 Replies